Posted 3 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMThe Department of Children and Families seeks dedicated child welfare professionals who are committed to upholding the Department's fundamental mission of protecting children from abuse and neglect to ensure they are able to grow and thrive in a safe and nurturing environment. The Department's vision is that all children have the right to grow up in a nurturing home, free from abuse and neglect, with access to food, shelter, clothing, health care and education. DCF works toward establishing the safety, permanency and well-being of the Commonwealth's children by: stabilizing and preserving families; providing quality temporary alternative care when necessary, safely reunifying families; and when necessary and appropriate, creating new families through kinship, guardianship or adoption. Preferred applicants will possess a demonstrated commitment to the core practice values: 1) child-driven, 2) family-centered, 3) community-focused, 4) strength-based, 5) committed to diversity/cultural competency, and, 6) committed to continuous learning.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs administrative and secretarial/clerical activities as well as coordinates support staff related activities for the Legal Office, including, but not limited to: answers and/or refers inquires to appropriate parties for action, enters data into the Department's electronic databases; composing; prepares correspondence, reports, motions and memoranda according to standard procedures; maintains files and records which may include confidential information; assumes primary responsibility for processing of requests from external sources for copies of records including responding and redacting when appropriate; provide administrative support to other office staff as needed; perform receptionist duties as needed, including answer the telephones; providing support to Managers, lawyers and paralegals as needed; and assist in maintaining and creating tracking systems and other related duties as required
* Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel and Access, the DCF electronic data system, including scanning of documents into the system.
* Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the workplace
* Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the public forum.
* Demonstrated ability to handle organizational change.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively handle complaints presented or referred to the Regional Counsel.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and carry through on office events.
* Demonstrated ability to carry out work activities with a minimum of direction.
* Demonstrated ability to establish systems to improve overall performance of all clerical functions.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and maintain filing systems.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral expression.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and improve filing system.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to establish systems to improve overall performance of all support staff related functions.
* Demonstrated ability to Maintain case archive process for the legal office, filing, records management, archive submissions, and archive requests.
* Demonstrated ability to greet clients and visitors; answer telephone calls; refer clients and visitors to appropriate department staff when needed.
* Provide administrative /clerical support and projects as assigned
* Provide routine information concerning agency office locations, programs and services.
* Assist with processing mail and fax as necessary.
* Assist staff by entering information into the Department's electronic records system, as needed.
Please ensure that you attach a resume with your application submission to this requisition.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants".
As part of the hiring process, the Office of Human Resources will be verifying any college-level degrees conferred to the selected candidate. Additionally, any licensure required for the position will be verified. Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
* Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
For questions, please contact the CYF Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, of which (B) at least one year must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity, or (C) and equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience. *
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience. *
III. A diploma for completion of a one year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum or one year of the required experience. *
IV. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for two years of the required experience.*
* Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
State Of Massachusetts
Posted Yesterday 12/13/2017 12:00:00 AMIf you are an A+ legal transcriptionist with proven experience in transcribing depositions, administrative hearings, and arbitrations, we are very much interested in you.
We are constantly seeking highly skilled legal transcriptionists with a strong grasp of English grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary, who are detail-oriented and capable of following very specific instructions.
Our ideal candidate is self-reliant and self-motivated, reliable, most likely a perfectionist who enjoys words, an efficient communicator (especially with his or her employer), savvy with software applications and equipment, and has at least a year of proven legal transcription or court reporting experience.
If you are interested in our growing team, describe in a cover letter the type of legal proceedings you have transcribed, and attach to your e-mail message two or three of your redacted transcripts as samples.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and any redacted transcript samples to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format in order to learn the next steps.
Posted Yesterday 12/13/2017 12:00:00 AMRecruitment Number
Recruitment No. 1718-010 Open Competitive
Open: Includes all interested individuals including members of the general public
Eligible lists may be used for temporary and permanent vacancies for the class of work during the lifeof the eligible list. Temporary appointments may lead to conversion to permanent employment.
Performs a wide variety of legal clerical work in support of staff attorneys to include preparing, checking, and processing legal forms, documents, and related materials, locating and abstracting information from legal files and records, and gathering and organizing relevant material for use in legal proceedings; and performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the filing date of their application, unless otherwise specified.
Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently. Your possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of your qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must be of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour work weeks. Part-time experience must be pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours per week is equivalent to six months of experience. In addition, hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours per week is equivalent to one year, not one and one-half years.
Training and Experience: A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school, andtwo years of legal clerical work experience involving the preparation, typing and processing of a variety of legal forms and documents which required knowledge of common legal terminology, procedures, practices, forms and documents.
License Requirement: None
Knowledge of: legal terminology; form, content and use of legal documents; legal processes and procedures; the various types of court actions and associated processes; filing methods and systems; grammar, spelling and word usage; law office practices and procedures.
Ability to: prepare and process standard forms needed for specific legal actions; locate and abstract data from legal files and records; establish and maintain case files and systems of legal records; operate computer equipment to input, verify, update and extract data from information systems; provide information to defendants, witnesses, attorneys, court personnel, and the general public; explain legal processes, procedures and/or departmental policies; work within constant time constraints and deadlines; type at a rate of 40 net words per minute; as applicable to specific positions, take dictation at a rate of 80 words per minute and transcribe notes accurately; deal effectively with employees, attorneys, court personnel and the public.
Health and Physical Condition: Persons seeking appointment to positions in this class must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper for performance of the duties.
Additional Job Information
Required Forms and Documentation:
* Copy of your high school diploma or equivalent
* Evidence of education (degree or transcript). A legible photo copy of an official transcript will be accepted. DHR reserves the right to request an official copy if substituting education for experience.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE
* Successful completion of a substantially full-time legal secretary curriculum of one semester leading to a certificate at an accredited community college, business or technical school which included courses in legal documents preparation, legal terminology, and legal office practices and procedures may be substituted for six (6) months of the specialized experience.
* Successful completion of a substantially full-time legal assistant/paralegal curriculum at an accredited community college, business or technical school may be substituted for the Specialized experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester credit hours of satisfactorily completed course work for six (6) months of experience, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
NOTE: Transcripts downloaded from the internet are NOT acceptable. Copy of your high school diploma and/oreducation degree or transcripts MUST be submitted in order to be given credit. Copies will not be returned. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 4444 Rice Street, Suite 140, Lihue,HI 96766 or email at email@example.com within 7 calendar days from filing this application. Office hours are Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Examination:The examination will consist of a training and experience evaluation based on the applicant's education and experience as presented in the application. Be certain to list all pertinent training and experience, as this may be important in determining your examination score. It is essential that the applicant describe fully the duties and responsibilities of each position held, specify the date of each position held (from and to, month and year), and indicate the number of hours worked per week.
For further information about Equal Employment Opportunity, the Merit Civil Service System, Citizenship and other requirements, Reasonable Accommodation, Veterans Preference, Examination Requirements, and the Internal Complaint and Merit Appeals Board Processes please visit our website at www.kauai.gov.
NOTE: Persons selected for employment will be required to pass a suitability background investigation which may include, but not limited to, an oral interview, reference check, drug screening, pre-employment medical exam, psychological assessment, polygraph test, as applicable to the position to their employment.County Of Kauai
Posted 3 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMThe Senior Legal Counsel role will provide legal counsel to the global NIBR organization by acting as a legal advisor and business partner. Primary focus of the role is to provide legal and business advice and support with respect to corporate and transactional matters (e.g. structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements, providing legal interpretation of existing agreements, and evaluating and recommending methods of avoiding or managing legal risks).
Main Accountabilities including but not limited to:
* Representing NIBR in its contractual negotiations, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating research collaborations and licenses, consulting agreements, master services agreements, and the like.
* Providing complex and contextual legal advice and guidance (including training of key customers) with strong operational and business acumen by setting legal necessities in context with competing operational needs.
* Identifying risks relating to business activities and potential solutions therefor; raising business' awareness of legal issues and ensuring early legal involvement.
* Conducting robust risk assessments that substantiate recommendations, and advising on and determining appropriate actions to support the management decision processes.
* Making decisions independently within a broad framework.
* Leading projects within Legal, and providing legal support for commercial initiatives and activities.
* Managing relationships and monitoring the work of outside counsel and legal experts.
* Guiding, counseling and supporting the work of more junior colleagues (e.g. paralegals and support staff).
* Coordinating as appropriate with business and legal associates at other Group companies.
Integrity and Compliance
* Working within Integrity and Compliance policies and counseling those around him/her do the same.
* Working to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements *Minimum requirements: Law school graduate and admission to bar
Experience: - 6 or more years' experience in law practice, preferably in both law firm and in-house positions; pharmaceutical experience and experience in a scientific environment preferred.
* Ability to analyze complex legal issues.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, together with ability to influence and negotiate.
* Proven ability to perform positively and effectively when working under time pressure and with demanding clients.
* Experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, complex projects simultaneously.Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Posted 3 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMPosition Information Benefits Supplemental Questions
Performs a wide variety of legal clerical work in support of staff attorneys to include preparing, checking and processing legal forms, documents, and related materials, locating and abstracting information from legal files and records, and gathering and organizing relevant material for use in legal proceedings; and performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one vacancy with the Department of the Corporation Counsel, Litigation Division. Evening, weekend and holiday work may be required. List may be used to fill future vacancies in this and/or other departments.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
* use a valid e-mail account;
* verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
* check your spam folders; and
* add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Two years of legal clerical work experience involving the preparation, typing and processing of a variety of legal forms and documents which required knowledge of common legal terminology, procedures, practices, forms and documents.
Such experience must have demonstrated knowledge of law office practices and procedures, legal terminology, legal processes and procedures, and the ability to prepare and process standard legal forms, locate and abstract data from legal files and records, establish and maintain case files and systems of legal records, operate computer equipment to input, verify, update and extract data from information systems, provide information to defendants, witnesses, attorneys, court personnel and the general public; explain legal processes, procedures and/or departmental policies; and work within constant time constraints and deadlines.
TYPING REQUIREMENT: Must be able to type 40 net words per minute.
Examination Process:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION:
In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation..........................100%
City And County Of Honolulu
Posted 3 days ago 12/11/2017 12:00:00 AMOverview
Performs clerical duties in the Legal Department, primarily for the General Liability Adjusters. Assists in the processing of claims brought by customers.
Provides clerical and administrative support to the General Liability Adjusters, attorneys, and other members of the Legal Department.
Assists corporate counsel by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting information; initiating telecommunications; organizing meetings and maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system.
Maintains client confidence by keeping attorney/client information confidential.
Assists internal attorneys with scheduling of depositions, contacting witnesses, store managers and zone directors of the deposition date.
Contact departments where material has been requested and explaining needs, etc.
Review litigation mail and respond in some situations.
Prepare recall memo for distribution.
Enters all claims and data into the ATS claim software – GL and AUTO.
Interacts with store personnel, other departments, and vendors.
Creates and distributes urgent recalls.
Verifies medical bills with hospitals and physicians offices.
Fields phone calls, files open and closed claims, sorts and distributes mail daily, and types correspondence.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Must possess basic math and organizational skills, and maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
Knowledge of WORD and EXCEL
Typing skills required
Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
Ability to learn claims processing computer software
2-3 years Clerical experience
High School diploma or equivalent
Associates' degree preferred
Exposure to Hot Environment
Exposure to Cold Environment
Grasping / Finger Movement &Dexterity – Left / Right Hands
Squatting / Kneeling
Pushing / Pulling
Up to 10lbs