This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Multnomah Athletic Club's Youth Programs department is expanding and seeking attendants for a variety of areas including Childcare, after-school programs for children in both fitness and non-fitness areas, and birthday parties. We value communication, respect, and teamwork and you should too. This is an ideal job for college students, workers with a passion for youth development and other professionals with multiple commitments. Competitive wages based on previous experience and certification levels, benefits at 30 hours per week, and flexible scheduling.
- Supervise, control and maintain child-designated areas to ensure safety and a high member satisfaction.
- Interact with a variety of junior members and their families while showcasing a high level of service.
- Lead children in a wide range of activities which could include games, workouts, story time, and much more.
- Report major rule violations, emergencies, and customer concerns to supervisor through incident reports and direct communication.
- A passion for working with children.
- Previous work experience with youth and/or sports is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and decision making skills.
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- When necessary, be able to move exercise equipment
- Offers a competitive wage and benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Full-time opportunities
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Facility use and discounted services and meals throughout club
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring supervisor.
MAC is a private not-for-profit athletic and social club near downtown Portland, Oregon, at SW 18th and Salmon Streets. Formed in 1891 by 26 football players, Multnomah Athletic Club means as much to families as it does to athletes. A complete club, with first-rate facilities, superb cuisine, and fun social activities, MAC is a second home to many members.