Youth Program Specailist
Asian Americans For Community Involvement (Aaci)
San Jose , CA 95122
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join us in our mission to strengthening the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health and well-being. The Program Specialist is responsible for being the primary contact with school chapters, ensuring that youth partners are provided a safe environment and opportunities to build healthy relationships with their peers and adults. The goal of this position is to support youth partners to develop leadership skills to better engage in their community.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment for prospective youth program participants.
- Develop activities and workshops involving substance abuse prevention; engage youth in skill building, substance abuse awareness, and healthy lifestyles.
- Support and facilitate campaign project developments with youth.
- Maintain positive working partnerships with school staff and faculty; work with community partners to complete youth campaign projects as needed.
- Assist in linguistically and culturally appropriate education and presentation of youth data to audiences ranging from general public to professionals.
- Maintain weekly client-level data collection and entry.
- Develop program reports with documents, gathered information, and data.
- Conduct research on topics related to public health, behavioral health, and youth community.
- Represent agency program services at community wide health outreach or events.
- Other duties and related projects as assigned.
We provide our employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays and your Birthday off!
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
- AACI named Bay Area Top Workplaces 2019
The ideal candidate:
BA/BS in Health Science, Child Development, Psychology, Social Work or other similarly related fields preferred; OR Currently enrolled in the 2nd year in an accredited university or college in sociology, psychology, human services or a related field; OR TWO (2) years of responsible program administration experience in the areas of community building, social and/or human services.*
- Principals and practice of program development, implementation, budgeting, and social/health needs of youth and adults.
- Youth development/leadership, arts/digital media, and health/wellness promotion.
- Office administration, procedures, and basic mathematics*
Apply now and join a great team of caring people.