Yarmouth Visitor Information Center
Maine Tourism Staffing Solutions
Yarmouth , ME 04096
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Maine Tourism Association is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as the Yarmouth Visitor Information Center Manager. If you are a people-person and love Maine this could be the job for you. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a can-do attitude, is adaptable and is a self-starter.
The primary function of the center staff is to meet and greet visitors to the center and provide them with personalized travel information.
Management responsibilities include supervising a staff of approximately 6 to 8 travel counselors. This includes hiring, scheduling, evaluating, training and supporting this staff in day to day operations.
Additional duties include:
- Ensuring adequate inventory of all center literature/publications.
- Ensuring adequate office supplies are on hand.
- Monitoring and reporting all issues with center equipment to appropriate contacts for repair. Troubleshooting and repairing minor issues with equipment if possible. Equipment includes printers, computers, exhibits, vending machines, traffic counters, etc.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with the Yarmouth Custodian Supervisor to ensure center is properly maintained and cleaned.
- Providing oversight of cash handling at the center. Ensuring funds from various cash transactions are deposited in appropriate accounts. Ensuring records are maintained regarding these transactions.
- Submitting required reports as directed to Maine Tourism Association staff in Hallowell.
- Attending various managers meetings as scheduled. Working as staff at an information booth once a year at Big E in Springfield, MA (4-5 days).
- Working under the supervision and with the Director of Facilities and Visitor Center Operations to ensure Maine Tourism Association policies/requirements are being met by center and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to lead a staff forward through future policy, equipment, and technology changes.
- Comfortable with learning new technologies.
- General hospitality and customer service industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of the state of Maine and tourism products throughout the state.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with visitors in a positive, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both in oral and written format to a diverse range of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated scheduling ability and demonstrated management ability for 5 or more employees.
- Strong problem solver, shows initiative.
- Proficient in all general office suite applications (email, Excel, Word, etc.) Ability to learn new software applications.
- Must be flexible, adaptive, have good judgement, exhibit grace under pressure, positive attitude, and honest.
What Were Offering:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, life, and more
- Career opportunity with a non-profit organization that has represented its nearly 1600 travel and tourism members for almost a century
- Opportunity to interact with a diverse array of visitors and help them have the best experience they can in our state, while promoting the area and its local businesses
- Be an ambassador for the state of Maine while inspiring your staff to their greatest potential!
Who We Are
The Maine Tourism Association has been around for nearly a century. Our membership consists of a blend of local leaders and organizations united in our vision to create economic opportunities for our membership and to promote the unique quality of the Maine tourism experience. Our mission is to lead the growth and sustainability of Maines tourism businesses.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance