Yardi Applications Developer / Reporting Specialist
Dallas , TX 75240
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Yardi Developer position is a strategic role that will support Saxony Partners Real Estate initiatives and Yardi Consulting practice. The position primarily supports Yardi Voyager (all Yardi Modules and Interfaces), SQL Reporting, and application interfacing. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of business requirements in order to develop efficient, optimized applications as well as the ability to support ad hoc user requests. As a developer, you will be responsible for defining and delivering Yardi custom tools and report writing projects. The position calls for strong self-management skills and demonstrated knowledge of Yardi software concepts, DB schema, SQL, YSR, Report Scheduler, SSRS, and other applicable tools. Experience working within the property management, real estate, accounting, or other technical industries is highly desired. This position must work in cooperation with Saxonys Real Estate Practice leadership team, their internal/client project team, and external parties such as clients.
Ideal candidates excel in a remote environment and have experience in managing complex technology-centric customer engagements.
Location: Dallas TX (Headquarters) or remote option (Must be US Based)
Travel Requirements:Limited travel may be required
- Create custom database stored procedures, triggers, views, and complex queries in SQL
- Develop custom Yardi reports using SQL, YSR, SSRS, Custom Analytics, Report Scheduler and other Yardi and SQL reporting tools.
- Lead initiatives for integrations and APIs between applications
- Maintain and modify a suite of custom excel reports using Visual Basic.
- Work with PM / Client teams to identify gaps in reporting and define/create reporting solutions to solve those issues.
- Assist with new product rollouts by reviewing existing custom and standard reporting and modifying or creating new reports as needed.
- The ability to create custom tools as needed in support of internal and client-facing teams. These could include web-based applications or integrations with new software.
- Provide advice and guidance as well as design and develop effective application design and system architecture for the clients system.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet the business needs.
- Develop technical design documents and test scripts.
- Extraction and import of client data during software migration efforts
- Provide level three application support which is focused on the research, remediation, and documentation of more complex application and technical support issues.
- 5+ years experience w/ Yardi SQL development & support preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of MS SQL and other database languages
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts database schemas and data hierarchies including heavy experience with Microsoft SQL Server, stored procedures, triggers, and indexes
- Ability to create stored procedures, triggers, views and complex queries in SQL Understanding of systems integrations, APIs, and middleware
- Previous experience in SQL report creation and troubleshooting
- Ability to implement data conversions for large disparate data sets and troubleshoot and resolve any issues which may arise
- Clearly communicates milestones, goals, and deliverables when working with others
- Strong critical thinking skills as it relates to identifying root causes of technical issues
- Previous DBA experience a plus
- Experience with big data, emerging & disruptive technologies is a plus
- Previous experience in the property management/real estate industry helpful
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
- Knowledge in various other Yardi modules a plus: Job Cost, Maintenance, GL, Investment Accounting, Fixed Assets, International, Rent Caf CRM, Advanced Budget and Forecasting, Elevate, Orion
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Knowledge of server management and experience with cloud platform and infrastructure such as Azure or AWS.