X-Ray Lab Technician
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33324
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join our premier team!
“Outstanding benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K, Short Term and Long Term disability, Life Insurance, Vacation and a great opportunity to make an impact on the community we serve”
Pediatric Associates, the largest privately owned single specialty group practice, is seeking a professional and dynamic X-Ray Lab Technician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual for Pediatric Associates x-ray scope of practice.
- Responsible for keeping a current Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO). Keep in compliance with continuing ed. credits and renewal of license.
- Responsible for wearing dosimeter daily and following protocol for di-monthly maintenance of the dosimeter.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of the digital x-ray equipment; including daily logs.
- Responsible for reporting final Radiology Reports, including positive and critical findings.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual; X-ray Policy and Procedure Manual annually. Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manuals.
- Reports laboratory and x-ray results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values.
- Properly works in the LIS (laboratory information system). Follows procedures for order acknowledgment, resulting and processing orders; including follow up on unresolved tests.
- Keeps the laboratory, x-ray and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance; including daily logs.
- Properly performs proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab and x-ray procedures.
- Properly prepares specimens for reference lab send outs; including resulting and billing information.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.