Xray / CT
Emmett , ID 83617
Posted 1 week ago
Position Title: Xray / CT Technologist
Supervisor: Radiology Manager
Full Time, typically 36 hours
I Position Summary:
Responsible for performing Xray and Computed Tomography (CT), exams in accordance with established protocols which may or may not include the administration of contrast media.
Transmits completed exams to the Picture Archiving Computer System (PACS) and DR system provided by St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center to facilitate the reading of such exams by the radiologists of Gem State Radiology.
II. Principal Functions and Responsibilities:
1.Performs CT / Xray examinations in accordance with departmental protocols set forth and provided by Gem State Radiology. Exams may or may not involve the administration of contrast.
2.Produces diagnostic quality exams while at the same time using the ALARA principles to limit radiation and always account for patient safety. An accurate exposure record will be attached to each exam performed.
3.Completes all necessary paperwork for each exam.
4.Provides patient with any necessary prep (i.e. water or other oral contrast media) at an appropriate time prior to the exam.
5.Ensures patient is attired properly for performance of examination.
6.Properly screens patient for any contraindication prior to entering the scan room.
7.Explains procedure to patient and answer any questions prior to performing exam.
8.Completes exams in a timely fashion post patient arrival.
9.Charges out all supplies as necessary once exam is complete.
10. Performs all necessary images reformats in a competent and timely manner sending data to appropriate systems i.e. PACS or DR systems.
11. Uploads images to DR systems in a timely manner and fills in appropriate notes as well as scanning all relevant documentation.
12. Stays up to date on all emergency procedures involving patient reactions to contrast media following appropriate hospital protocols.
13. Answers phone calls and schedules exams as necessary.
14. Verifies pre-authorization status of exams.
15. Attends hospital educational programs and in-services, maintains CPR certification, and completes online mandatory training annually.
16. Will be punctual and dressed in accordance with hospital and departmental policies. This includes wearing name badge and radiation monitoring device as required.
17. Employee will maintain positive and effective relations with internal and external customers.
18. Employee must be flexible to work a variable schedule and/or take low census as hospital requires. Call backs require an on-site response within twenty (20) minutes.
19. Internal and external e-mail checked on a timely basis.
20. Understands the process of ICD-10 and CPT coding of diagnoses and procedures.
21. Checks accuracy of patient information however recorded, including paper, electronic, voice, etc.
22. Retrieves and re-files hard copy exams and reports.
23. Works effectively and consistently with multiple software platforms including, but not limited to:
a. Electronic Medical Record
b. DR systems
c. E. Film
e. Internet navigation
f. Office products such as word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
24. Follows established administrative and departmental policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
25. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
26. Releases patient information in accordance with HIPPA rules.
27. Assists in annual review of manuals
28. Responsible for enhancing personal professional growth through continuing education, conferences, in-services, and other educational opportunities.
III. Position Qualifications/Requirement:
- Minimum Education:High School diploma or equivalent. JRCERT or equivalent program of Radiology. JRCERT or equivalent program of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Preferred Education:ARRT registry, AS Radiography or higher, BS Radiology with emphasis in Computed Tomography or Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Preferred Minimum Experience and
Completion of an accredited Radiology program with emphasis in Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging with greater than five years experience preferred, articulate English, and demonstrated customer service skills.
- Physical Requirement:Short distance walking, ability to lift, hold, transport and position patients.
- Licensure: None
- Working Conditions: Position includes direct patient care.
Patient transport, exams, and information will be handled with efficiency, dignity, and in accordance with Organization policies and procedures. There will be occasional exposure to blood and bodily fluids, which are handled in accordance with infection control standards. Exposure to ionizing radiation, which is handled in accordance with radiation control standards.