Cleveland , TN 37311
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our partner is looking for an X-Ray technician at their location in Cleveland, Tennessee to perform radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and disease.In addition to x-ray tech duties, this position may also serve as medical assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patient, ensure that the patient has removed all jewelry and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is not pregnant.
- Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of the body as requested by the physician.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Process images and review for proper identification and quality control.
- Utilize both digital and non digital diagnostic imaging equipment, ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques and all AFC/Doctors Express policies and procedures.
- Prepare images for reading by physician as well as contact any additional physicians if a second opinion is needed.
- Aid physician with prescribed patient treatments in accordance with approved standards, policies, procedures and protocol as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- ARRT-registered or board eligible preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification or registry, Practical Nursing License, EMT or Paramedic certification or license preferred