Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Work Management Scheduler/Sr.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation
Tonopah , AZ 85354
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Entry level position in scheduling that develops and issues outage and on-line schedules for plant work activities in order to increase efficiency of company resources and maintain the reliability of plant equipment using the site scheduling and work management processes. Works with others inside and outside of the department to identify work scope details for schedule inputs and to review upcoming scheduled work and associated resource needs. Schedules station preventive maintenance work orders and surveillance tests per program requirements.
Senior level position in scheduling which implements the Site Work Management process through effective scheduling of On-Line and Outage work scope. Anchors Work Management process requirements by proactively reinforcing the use of Site Scheduling Standards and industry best practices. Leads detailed work scope discussions and develops integrated Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules to support station refueling outages and on-line work. Works across the site to resolve schedule conflicts. Manages the implementation of the PVNGS Surveillance Testing and Preventive Maintenance Programs within the 13-Week Integrated Site Scheduling and Outage scheduling processes. May mentor entry level and lessor qualified schedulers.
High school diploma/GED plus four (4) years power plant experience, of which two (2) years must be hands-on experience in maintenance, scheduling, planning, operations or engineering. Experience with computer programs used for scheduling, prioritizing and tracking plant work activities. Knowledge of plant systems and their operating interfaces and interactions. Experience using Project View and/or Primavera (P6, P3) scheduling is preferred.
High school diploma/GED plus six (6) years power plant experience of which three (3) years must be hands-on experience in maintenance, scheduling, planning, operations or engineering and three (3) years related power plant scheduling experience. Knowledge of plant systems and their operating interfaces and interactions. Experience with computer programs used for scheduling, prioritizing and tracking plant work activities. Excellent communications skills and ability to work across organizational boundaries. Primavera P6 scheduling experience preferred.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities are defined in Administrative Guideline 16DP-0EP34-01 are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
- Participates with site work groups to identify and schedule plant work activities.
- Interacts with site work groups to identify critical schedule inputs to include resource needs, work sequences, logic ties, and work activity durations.
- Interfaces frequently with work group team leaders, planners, and coordinators to review upcoming scheduled work and associated resource needs. Supports the resolution of resource limitations and conflicts to build credible schedules.
- Develops detailed outage and on-line schedules in accordance with work management processes and scheduling standards. Maintains a business focus on nuclear safety, sustained power operations, resource utilization efficiency, cost awareness and production cost when developing schedules to be implemented via the Work Management process.
- Incorporates lessons learned from previous work activities for continuous improvements to ensure proper nuclear risk assessment is performed for the safe execution of plant work activities.
- Obtains and reports status on schedule development and scheduled work execution.
- Participates in the development of an integrated site schedule which includes logically sequenced work activities required to perform complex multi-disciplined tasks, meet all applicable regulatory requirements, detail high impact work, and meet requirements for sensitive issue and Limiting Conditions for Operations (LCO)-related work in order to maximize system availability and plant reliability.
- Generates and schedules Preventive Maintenance and Surveillance Test work orders per licensing requirements and the 13-week matrix program requirements to minimize planned equipment outages.
- Anchors the Work Management process and its standards and expectations through effective scheduling of all On-line and Outage work activities. Performs critical path analysis of outage schedules and projects to identify schedule opportunities and threats. Performs analysis of scheduled work activities to minimize duration that equipment is out of service or plant is off-line and to maximize the use of company resources while maintaining plant risk assessment and equipment reliability. Performs "what if" scenarios and develops contingency plans to address emergent barriers.
- Independently acts across organizational boundaries to develop the level of schedule detail necessary, based on the complexity and significance of the work to ensure effective execution and/or management of plant work activities. Obtains and implements critical schedule inputs to include resource needs, work sequences, logic ties and work activity duration.
- Interprets post job lessons learned and translates them into generic scheduling templates to further enhance the preparation, execution and management of plant work activities.
- Manages the implementation of the Palo Verde Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Surveillance Testing Programs in compliance with the PM Basis and Licensing requirements.
- Coordinates with Engineering in the development of design modification, programmatic work scopes, deficiency work orders and temporary modifications per the established Outage Preparation Milestones to ensure readiness prior to commencing refuel outages and or in conjunction with the 13-week on-line work week process.
- Leads schedule reviews with others to review scheduled work and associated resource needs. Implements the resolution of resource limitations and resolves conflicts to build credible schedules.
- Maintains the Surveillance Test and Tracking (STAT) Program's security access and database integrity.
- Obtains and implements status on schedule development and planned work execution. Mentors entry level and lesser qualified schedulers.