Advanced Practice RN (APRN) Required
The Women's Health Clinician (WHC) functions in an expanded nursing role, through the application of advanced knowledge and skills to provide healthcare to patients in the designated service. In accordance with CMS, applicable laws and regulations, the WHC will administer care in the designated center in a professional, efficient and ethical manner.
Patient Population Served
The WHC is expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, manage, prescribes, and evaluates appropriate therapeutic and pharmacological interventions for common illnesses according to standards of practice in the designated service; including procedures outlined in Core Privileges of the Medical Staff By Laws.
Essential Position Functions
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Physician Practice Services, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the State of New Hampshire, CMS and within the established policy and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1.Performs examinations within scope of practice, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to ensure a smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care.
2.Consults or makes referral to primary care physician, other health care professionals or agencies when a situation is beyond their level of expertise or when additional services are needed to coordinate their health care.
3.Experience with IUD's and Pessaries preferred or at minimum must have an interest to learn.
4.Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
5.Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
6.Consults with physicians or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
7.Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
8.Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
9.Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the practice.
11. Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
12. Utilize electronic medical record to document, track and convey information.
13. Understand their responsibility to patient safety and reporting of any/all unusual clinical occurrences to the Coordinator/Manager/Director of record.
14. Participates in quality assurance plan as directed by the Medical Director.
15. Maintains productive work schedule, meeting or exceeding productivity targets as assigned.
16. Demonstrates flexibility in staffing department, with the ability to adjust schedules to meet market and patient demand.
17. Fulfill medical staff responsibilities as required by the Medical Staff Bylaws for Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
Demonstrates a customer service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team; treating patients and coworkers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
Non-Essential Position Functions
Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictate, including committee participation.
1.Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Master's degree in nurse midwifery or a master's degree in nursing with a postgraduate certificate in nurse midwifery
2.If CNM: Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) in nurse midwifery
3.Member of the FMH medical staff in good standing
4.Current licensure and specialty certification as directed by the medical staff bylaws.
5.2 years of previous ARNP experience in Family practice or Ob/Gyn setting
6.2 years prior Labor & Delivery Nursing experience preferred
7.Educated, certified and licensed to perform core responsibilities of an independent nurse practitioner.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital