Windows Operating System Performance Engineer
Nashville , TN 37201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you want to define the way our infrastructure operates? Are you motivated to work in a complex and global environment?
We are looking for an engineer to:
- understand and analyze performance of mission-critical business and core applications, and how they function in a virtualized IT environment
- understand end to end complex applications used by large financial organizations and the performance impact
on the virtual windows operating environment
- serve as the gate keeper for critical applications that are being packaged for deployment into the virtualized
- conduct comprehensive analysis and troubleshooting of Windows base applications in effort to assess its efficiency in utilizing Operating System resources
- interpret test results and identify root cause of discovered issues
- cooperate with developers and vendors during application performance troubleshooting
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
- ideally 7+ years' experience in advanced troubleshooting and performance analysis of Windows OS and Windows based applications - Performance testing refers to analysis of OS resources utilization by tested product and responsiveness from an End User perspective.
- experience working with Windows 10 OS performance troubleshooting
- working knowledge of the following tools: Perfmon, SysInternals Suite (Process Monitor, Process Explorer), Windows Performance Analyzer
- firm understanding of Windows Operating System performance counters in reference to Memory, CPU, DISK, Threads, Handles etc.
- experience with the automation of application testing
- understand Cloud technology, preferably familiar with Microsoft Azure
- knowledge with applications integration technologies such as; MSI, AppV and Citrix
- experience in any scripting language (Powershell, Python, Perl or Shell Scripting) is beneficial
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?