Wholesale Payments - Data & Analytics - Data Product Owner, Associate
Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
New York , NY 10007
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are?
We are a multi-functional team driving a major transformation in how data and analytics powers Wholesale Payments for our clients and the firm. The Wholesale Payments group comprises Treasury and Merchant Services. Our team balances the art of decision making with science to deliver actionable insights and innovative data products at scale. Client needs are at the center of all we do: it always starts with a deep understanding of the client needs to ultimately design a rewarding and meaningful user experience.
Within the Business Transformation group, WPD&A is defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap for the firm, driving the build-out of the analytics environment and innovative data products, establishing cross-functional and cross-LOB data assets, and shaping overall analytics best practices.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. JP Morgan serves millions of customers, clears 20% of all USD wires globally-how can we put this data to good use? You will collaborate with other passionate, creative and analytical minds to answer this question.
Data Product Owner is an expert in building business expertise, getting hands-on in prototyping solutions, performing quantitative analysis, and working across a team of experts to develop products for J.P. Morgan and its clients. The role is four-part:
- Combines practical experience in a quantitative field and strong communication skills to interface between data scientists and business experts.
- Able to find the right people from across the bank to solve problems. Having a persistent drive to get things done and will cultivate lasting relationships.
Subject matter expert
- Learns how payment and deposit systems work and organizes that information into a form the team and business can benefit from while developing new products
- Requires clarity of thought and ability to communicate with presentations and slide decks. Pursues problems towards what matters to business leaders.
Skills and experience
Passionate, creative, and analytical. You love data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a story and to impact key business decisions. Specifically:
- A deep interest and aptitude in data and analysis. Working knowledge of tools for data manipulation and statistics (SQL, Pandas, R, SAS, MATLAB, Excel, etc.) Experience with articulating product questions, querying data and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- You have strong analytical and business skillsets. Capable of translating analysis into business recommendations. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing inter-disciplinary / cross functional field.
- Cognitive / communications skill
- Highly articulate, built on an underlying clarity of thought. Proactive problem-solver, takes ownership and has the grit to follow through. Ability to root out issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
- Focus on building something of significance. Self-confidence and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust and collaborate.
- 2+ years of work experience, BA/BS or Master's with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature.