Slidell , LA 70460
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facility. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
We are a small metal fabrication shop. Welders are required to fit and weld a variety of assemblies. Most of the time, it will not be production work.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (no overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Must appear in person. Applicant must bring a welding shield and gloves to take welding test. Applicant must pass tests to be considered for employment. Applicant must be a good fitter and welder.Proven experience as welderExperience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG and MIG)Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawingsKnowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)Deftness and attention to detailProficient in EnglishMust have aluminum and stainless welding experience