VIEW JOBS1/19/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-19T00:009th Way Insignia, has a contingent opening for a Systems Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in this mission critical network. This position is located onsite at the Veterans' Administration facilities including Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours. The pay for this position is $43,900 and includes benefits, paid vacation/holidays, 401k with company match and more. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), W2 position that is expected to last through September 2021.
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting tasks in support of IT customers.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Diagnose and resolve customer related hardware/software issues utilizing the Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks within Service Now.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves and changes.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Install OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Perform software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement or revision.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Utilize Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, to include Scripting, McAfee and other VA standard tools.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn in of equipment.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Perform routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Performs general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server room as needed.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">May occasionally answer door and escort personnel as needed. </li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Other responsibilities as assigned.</li>
<strong>Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities</strong>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable and concise way</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Strong analytical and problem-solving skills</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Bachelors degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as computer science or engineering AND six months of relevant experience. Eight years of relevant experience may substitute for a degree.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S</li>
<strong>Work Location</strong><br />
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th Way Insignia, reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.<br />
<strong>Physical Requirements</strong><br />
The person in this position needs to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings. Position also requires occasional unpacking/moving & installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater with additional assistance). In addition, they may frequently position self to maintain computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets.<br />
<strong>9th Way Insignia</strong><br />
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our <a href="https://9th-way.com/">website</a>.<br />
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>.9Th Way SolutionsColorado SpringsCO
VIEW JOBS1/17/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-17T00:00Job Description
SAIC is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO! The ideal candidate will provide IT subject matter expert with many facets of Systems Adminsitration. The architecture is a virtualized global infrastructure supporting mission-critical systems for the government.
Specific duties include:
* Plan, coordinate, implement, and maintain oversight for all aspects of the IS infrastructure.
* Install, support, and maintain servers or other computer systems, and plan for and respond to service outages and other problems.
* Assess current system posture and proposes specific hardware, software, firmware, and basic input/output system (BIOS) upgrades.
* Scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects, supervising or training computer operators.
* Assist with the planning, installation, and upgrades for all VMware hardware and software applications in accordance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and local working directives.
* Research and make recommendations to government for upgrades to system hardware infrastructure and applications to ensure continuous operations while maintaining desired performance and service.
* Work as an integrated team member in a highly dynamic operationally sensitive environment providing mission critical data to the war fighter. Communicate and coordinate across the whole team for cyber-related issues.
* Stay current with Government and industry trends, laws and standards and recommend methods to meet requirements.
* Collaborate with configurations management to develop and maintain authorized software lists for all types of systems assigned.
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
* TS/SCI Clearance required
* CompTIA Security+ or DOD 8570 IAT II qualifications required
* Experience with Installing, configuring and maintain Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 10 Operating Systems.
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Server Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and DNS.
* 2+ years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Deploying software packages, batch scripts, and windows updates.
* Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS 6.5+) and newer versions. Ability to configure, STIG and remotely control servers.
* This job pays 100K - 125K based on experience and other factors.
* 2+ years of experience with VMWare Suite Products 5.5 and newer (6.5 Preferred). Strong understanding of virtualization, virtual networking, and iSCSI/SAN connections.
* Knowledge of Microsoft imaging tools, DISM, WIM processes. Knowledge of deploying system images remotely.
* Ability to handle complex tasks. Forecast computational requirements for mission specific needs and provide Course of Actions (CoAs) to customer.
* Ability to perform multiple projects with dynamic tasking and follow-through from beginning to end on assigned tasks.
* Ability to work as an integrated member of a dynamic and mission focused team to promote a cooperative working environment and a positive team atmosphere.
* Ability to work in a MS Windows virtualized environment.
* The ability to think analytically and approach issues logically and systematically.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
VIEW JOBS1/15/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-15T00:00Job Description
Alion is looking for a System Administrator to support the Office of Labor and Economic Analysis at the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs, Co. This position will support the installation, maintenance, configuration and administration of the OLEA information systems and network servers. Additionally, the System Administrator will be required to support minimal database operations such as database back-up and recovery, installation, configuration, some development work, and resolving performance and capacity issues.
Location: Colorado Springs
Must have relevant experience in enterprise analysis, data analysis and solution assessment and validation techniques and can quickly adapt to the OLEA custom Agile framework. Must have excellent logic, situational awareness, attention to detail, a strong sense of ownership, and an urgent drive to make a difference.
* Manage, administer, and support the local servers, applications, hardware operation, operating system software, and system/user support for OLEA systems
* Architect, implement, configure and monitor security mechanisms appropriate to enforce AF, DoD, Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN) and local network security policies.
* Define, develop, implement and automate tools and techniques that enable and enhance the use of computational resources as needed.
* Create and manage new and current user accounts.
* Determine and apply appropriate permissions and/or privileges to user accounts in accordance with AF regulations and OLEA policies
* Install software in coordination with the AF regulations and OLEA policies.
* Perform and maintain a log of both daily and weekly system back-ups and verify data integrity.
* Maintain audit logs for servers and clients IAW the OLEA vulnerability management plan.
* Apply security patches/fixes as identified and approved by Air Force, DoD, and Vendors.
* Manage, monitor, update and maintain servers and clients in accordance with the current DoD Cybersecurity policy.
* Work with third party auditors and inspectors, ensure OLEA's core research system and attached systems appropriately security configured and scanned.
* Catalog service and support functions provided to OLEA personnel and collaborators, including problem description, severity, fix action and duration of support required to resolve, reporting results semi-annually.
* Develop and maintain operating system images for OLEA customers. Standard images currently include RHEL/CentOS 6.7 and 7.2. Operating system images.
* Develop and maintain documentation on server and client administration processes, policies, procedures and configurations to include server/client configurations, software and hardware lists, etc.
* Must be able to demonstrate direct experience administering database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience should include database back-up and recovery, installation, configuration, some development work, and resolving performance and potential capacity issues.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Analytics or relevant discipline.
* Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II certification (as defined in AFMAN 33-285, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program) via a reputable industry resource.
* UNIX or Linux Operating System certification such as Red Hat Certified System Administrator (preferred) or CompTIA Linux+.
* Experience with Enterprise Information Management products, services and solutions that enable digital workspaces such as OpenText, VMware, and Oracle preferred.
* Current understanding of best practices regarding enterprise level system security measures preferred.
Active NAC with Secret Clearance eligibility preferred
Security Clearance: Secret
Alion Science And TechnologyColorado SpringsCO
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.