Contract-to-hire opportunity for aWeb Application Architect in the South Metro
Have a number of client facing websites, some to support business and some strategic to drive revenue. Things are changing to online presence
Large team with combo of onshore/offshore. This role will have architectural responsibility over all products and teams.
Build the role around the person, not a fully defined role. If its the right person can give direct report responsibilities.
All hands-on work but day to day would be assigning work, doing code reviews, checking workstill doing big picture, cross team design and analysis work.
Very little travel needed
Most Important Qualifications & Why:
Need someone well versed in architecting high performance, scalable, client facing web applications.
Someone that cares about the software and infrastructure: understands load balancers, firewalls, infrastructure areas.
Microsoft shopC#, using Ext.js now (angular would be better, prob going to that in the futureany JS framework would work), familiarity with MVVM and MVC, IoC/Dependency Injection, Restful services, WCF, entity framework, T-SQL
Nice to have would be PCF, blockchain POCs right now, Azure, AWS.
Laid back culture. Has to be someone that the other archs and leads will look up to, like, and learn from that is key. Charisma and leadership are important.
VIEW JOBS11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-04T00:00SUMMARY
The person will design and develop web applications using Sitecore CMS and in .NET MVC for Ansys intranet and internet web sites.
●Developing public website, intranets and web applications using Sitecore and .net framework
●Sitecore customization, Code build and deployment using TFS and MS build
●Setting up Development processes using TDS and TFS
●Recognized as SME for multiple applications, development platforms, development tools or technologies
●Can communicate impact of issues to senior IT and BU management
●Collaborates with other IT functions to design solutions for complex problems, and understands end-to-end business processes
●Design and develop integration solutions
●Design and develop data migration strategies and tools
●Work independently with minimal supervision and may lead a development team as part of a larger project
●Bachelor degree / diploma in Computer Science or engineering
●5-7 years of IT experience in following areas
* experience developing custom features and enhancements with Sitecore CMS
* experience in build and deployment to multiple Sitecore environments
* experience integrating business systems
* Demonstrated ability working in collaborative team environments setting priorities and achieving results
* supporting an enterprise CMS, WEB or other business systems
●Technology skills mandatory
* 2-3 Sitecore CMS implementations using .NET MVC
●Technology skills preferable
* Certification in Sitecore® Experience Platform™ preferably in Sitecore 8.0 or above.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person or entity.
VIEW JOBS11/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-10T00:00<p><strong>Local applicants only please - Thank you!</strong></p><p>We are looking for a highly talented web designer who would be helping us take our proven web design process to the next level. You will be working with owner and Art Director directly to learn more deeply about what makes for persuasive design, and be focused on ‘conversions-centric’ design + with an eye on Search Engine Optimization.</p><p>We work for many construction companies, so we consider ourselves a ‘blue collar’ agency, trying to find the balance between affordability, effectiveness and a work-horse mentality – to get the absolute most for our clients in terms of results. We need a truly talented designer, one who is adaptable, intuitive, and open to delegating work to our remote web development teams, and doing quality assurance on their work.</p><p>The absolute ideal candidate could do on the fly CSS & HTML changes, and be open to learning about code as well. We work very hard, and this designer will need to be driven, though we like to think of our team as pretty fun, with a lot of freedom to define what your working on hour to hour and drive the culture and grow with our company.</p><p><br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p><strong>Technical Skills/ Duties</strong></p><p>- Design quickly, and in a persuasive manner</p><p>- Understand of the strategic use of design in marketing</p><p>- Ability to take inspiration, and push the boundaries of style.</p><p>- Ability to pivot in different niches quickly (Financial and Construction being two primary ones.)</p><p>- Be focused and hard-working</p><p>- Show up to work 4 out 5 days (one day work from home if you want.)</p><p>- Work 40 hours a week.</p><p>- Ability to work as part of the team on design and development strategy, though most of the time will be spent hunkered down cranking out design.</p><p>- Be a self starter – constantly be looking for the next way to add value for clients.</p><p><br></p><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p>-Competitive salary</p><p>-Small team with the ability to impact change</p><p>-Autonomy over daily tasks </p><p>-North Loop office walking distance to many restaurants </p><p><br></p>Hook AgencyMinneapolisMN
VIEW JOBS11/9/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-07T00:00The Solution Architect designs systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams.
The Solution Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions, enabling the organization to meet business objectives. The focus of this role will be on systems integration a development of applications used for our client and advisor service platforms. This includes in house developed applications for advisor self service as well as service rep tools to support Clients and advisors. Package integrations include Pega, BOX, CTI, etc.
Provides technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Serves as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization. Ensures compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards.
Gathers Non-Functional Requirements
* Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
* Identifies key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
* Collaborates with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements.
* Conducts assessments of current business and technology architectures
* Identifies and documents any risks, issues or critical success factors
* Translates project requirements into detailed designs consistent with long-term roadmaps.
* Designs external system interfaces.
* Researches and maintains a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or related work experience.
* Skills in general architecture, and knowledge of operations and deployment methodologies and techniques (e.g. Agile, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL).
* Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
* 5+ years relevant solution architecture experience that includes successful software integration experience.
* 3+ years software development experience.
* Experience designing and integrating application across a diverse set of technologies including distributed, mainframe, Services oriented architectures, ETL/Batch.
* Experience in cloud application engineering.
* Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
* A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders.
* Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
* Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value.
About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.