Contract-to-hire opportunity for aWeb Application Architect in the South Metro
Have a number of client facing websites, some to support business and some strategic to drive revenue. Things are changing to online presence
Large team with combo of onshore/offshore. This role will have architectural responsibility over all products and teams.
Build the role around the person, not a fully defined role. If its the right person can give direct report responsibilities.
All hands-on work but day to day would be assigning work, doing code reviews, checking workstill doing big picture, cross team design and analysis work.
Very little travel needed
Most Important Qualifications & Why:
Need someone well versed in architecting high performance, scalable, client facing web applications.
Someone that cares about the software and infrastructure: understands load balancers, firewalls, infrastructure areas.
Microsoft shopC#, using Ext.js now (angular would be better, prob going to that in the futureany JS framework would work), familiarity with MVVM and MVC, IoC/Dependency Injection, Restful services, WCF, entity framework, T-SQL
Nice to have would be PCF, blockchain POCs right now, Azure, AWS.
Laid back culture. Has to be someone that the other archs and leads will look up to, like, and learn from that is key. Charisma and leadership are important.
VIEW JOBS1/8/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-08T00:00The Web Application Firewall team lead serves as the subject matter expert and technical lead for WAF technology and implementations
* Create and deploy F5 ASM and Incapsula cloud service WAF policies for new and existing web applications
* Troubleshoot and address reported incidents and issues related to WAF
* Monitor and analyse log reports and data from F5 ASM, SIEM, and other sources to indentify issues and areas to tune and improve protection policies
* Reduce false positive blocks and enhance log intelligence
* Understand how to detect malicious internet traffic and Indicators Of Compromise
* Interpret application request information to determine legitimate attacks or false positives
* Develop WAF "Virtual Patching" solutions to address vulnerabilities
* Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
* Help resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application issues
* Maintain system and operational documentation including technical Deployment, Operational and Project run-books
* Collaborate with Developers, Operations, and Cyber Defense Center to ensure security requirements are met and web-applications are adequately protected from cyber-attacks
* Develop metrics to illustrate web site protection coverage
* Work with Cyber Defense Center as needed in investigating incidents
* Manage delivery of WAF implementation projects
* Oversee small team of WAF engineers
* Serve as escalation point for administration team for complex WAF issues, and provide on-call coverage as may be required.
* Represent the WAF service as needed to the business
Knowledge and experience of F5 Load Balancers and Products:
* Strong WAF policy development skills for protecting applications and minimizing false positives
* Reviewing and analyzing security reports
* Reviewing security techniques and technologies regularly to remain aware of best practice
* Ensuring the operation of technical systems are consistent with policies and procedures
* Following the latest security trends and vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10
* Knowledge of cloud WAF products such as Imperva preferred but not required.
* Current 5+ years specifically working on WAF technologies including developing, implementing, tuning and maintaining WAF policies and configurations.
* Demonstrable skills in understanding web application requests to customize and tune protection policies
* Security Qualifications preferred e.g. F5 CTS-ASM/CISSP/CISM/CEH or equivalent
* Previous experience of working within a regulated environment i.e. in the financial services, Insurance industry
* Full understanding of the project life cycle and process/procedure design.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience of security tools. Experience in IPS, WAF, Load Balancers, Firewalls and Network Security
* Experience in Application Security and Technologies
* Experience in security vulnerability scanning. Experience with audit event collection and reporting toolsets
Required Non-Technical Skills:
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
* Able to work in a dynamic global environment with distributed team members
* Able to oversee a small team of engineers and manage their work efforts to meet deliverables and handle reported incidents within SLAs
* Self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
* High Integrity & work ethic, good communication skills, positive demeanor
* Able to oversee small team and manage their work efforts
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Willis Towers WatsonMinneapolisMN
VIEW JOBS1/4/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-04T00:00U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Senior Technology Architect with technical design and architecture experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
* -Responsible for the design and architecture of large and/or complex application systems.
* -Reviews developer technical designs.
* -Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, development tools, and testing approaches.
* -Provides technical guidance to application development teams.
* -Consults on integration and conversion activities.
* -Recommends redesign or redevelopment. Selects technologies to provide long-term compatibility and flexibility.
* -Analyzes organizational needs and goals for the purpose of incorporating into the design, development, and implementation of applications.
* -Determines appropriate strategies regarding long-term application direction.
* -Ensures compliance with Enterprise Architecture, Technology Standards, and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning.
* -Maintains constant interaction with business line(s).
* -Leads evaluation of vendor products to determine conformance with bank technical standards and appropriate fit with business needs.
* Uses models, hypotheses, and cognitive analysis techniques to elicit real problem-solving knowledge from the experts.
This role will be in U.S. Bank's Business Banking area. This opportunity is available to an individual who desires to be involved in the design efforts of our ongoing development and future needs of the business, providing architecture leadership for the long-term viability of the application and integration needs as part of product expansion.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* At least 10 years' experience with the concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
* At least 10 years' experience with developing and implementing applications.
Extensive experience in:
* System development life cycle
* Application development tools
* Programming languages
* Product and vendor evaluation
* User interface design
* Business process modeling
* Design of complex solutions from functional and non-functional requirements
* Effective conceptual diagrams and other architectural documentation
* Solving business issues through technology
* Assessment of vendor products and manage product installation and upgrades
Subject matter expert in:
* IT environment
* Information management
* Application delivery process
* Requirements analysis
* Application design, architecture
* Java, MS SQL, ETL, Middleware
* Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and W3C industry standards to architect, govern and support the development and delivery of Web services.
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
* Practical and thoughtful understanding of architectural & development principles and techniques.
* Proven ability to work effectively in the typical ambiguity of larger designs and implementation plans.
* Solid communication skills, both written and oral.
* Analyzes organizational needs and goals for the purpose of incorporating into the design, development, and implementation of applications.
* Experience in an Agile delivery setting.
VIEW JOBS12/25/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-25T00:00Job Description
The PMO Technology team is seeking a web application engineer for a position with our team. The PMO Technology team supports portfolio and project management applications, including PM Universal Workstation (PMUWS), CA PPM, Microsoft Project Server (MSPS), JIRA, True, Blueprint, IGRAFX, Etc.
* Uses vendor specifications, diagnostic tools, etc. to troubleshoot complex computer application problems to maintain or restore service or data to programs, leads the resolution of complex issues or escalates as needed to
* Meet established service level agreements. Completes required logs and reports. Prepares programming specifications and completes programming tasks to develop basic, and/or assist in the
* Development of moderately complex, computer solutions. Performs modeling, simulations and analysis. Prepares program test data, tests and debugs programs. Updates and completes
* Documentation, procedures and user guides. Understands BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and analyzes changes for risk to the environment. Participates in
* Testing and updating the business continuation plan. Provides assistance and guidance to less experienced staff.
* Deploy, support vendor applications. This may include writing code for interfaces, data feeds, etc.
The preferred work locations are Chandler-AZ, Charlotte-NC, Minneapolis-MN or Des Moines-IA. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to one of these locations with no relocation assistance.
* 3+ years of application development and implementation experience
* 2+ years of Linux experience
* 2+ years of Oracle experience
* 2+ years of SQL experience
* 2 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
* 1+ year of MS SQL server experience
* 1+ year of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* 1 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
* Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
* A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
* Linux expertise in copying files between servers, creating or modifying folders and files, changing permissions and ownership, environment variables, creating and handling tar files, etc.)
* Experience installing and configuring any of the following are a plus: JIRA, Troux (aka. Enterprise One), MS Project Server and/or Blueprint. Experience installing and configuring any 3rd party enterprise software is a plus.
* Experience using tools like Putty, WinSCP, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio
* A detailed, logical thinker, problem solver & team player
* Experience working with onsite/offshore teams
* Wells Fargo application development experience.
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.