We are currently seeking an Environmental Specialist to be responsible for providing efficient general labor support for the hazardous waste business either in a Stericycle facility or hazardous waste job site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Clean and fuel heavy equipment.
• Clean job site/facility.
• Perform inspections of containers on site and storage area.
• Load and unload material/drums using mechanical means (forklift, etc.)
• Label, mark, inventory, and pack containers for sampling/shipment.
• Organize and ready PPE, safety equipment, and operations supplies.
• Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor/responsible party immediately upon discovery.
• Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent to High School diploma or the equivalent in related work experience.
• One or more years of general labor/plant/warehouse experience, or equivalent in related work experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. one year of experience as a general laborer.
• May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
Arete Technologies Inc