Waste Management Innovations, INC
Los Alamos , NM 87544
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner will maintain required safety, security and operational training, procedural and regulatory compliance, and safety, security, and quality an integral part of every task. Job is located at Los Alamos National Lab. Per Diem may be available.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts and techniques in engineering with knowledge of environmental regulations and local utility codes.
- Collect the requirements for the system, and process design or analysis task, and then prepare design concepts that meet the requirements.
- Develop design details, design or analysis calculations, specifications, safety documentation, etc. that incorporate the applicable design and national code requirements, including nuclear safety requirements, as applicable.
- Promote leadership, quality, and safety values in all aspects of job duties.
- Implement Conduct of Engineering Program.
- Perform calculations and develop engineering calculation reports.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with DOE O/M 435.1, DOE O 460.2, 49 CFR, 40 CFR, and disposal facility WACs.
- Identify and investigate noncompliant conditions, provide compliance direction, ensures nonconforming conditions are reviewed for technical justification, and verifies deficiencies are dispositioned in a timely manner
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Waste Management experience and knowledge of LLW/TRU waste is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of industry and material codes and standards, e.g. ASTM, UMC, UPC Codes and Standards.
- Skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks under general supervision and guidance.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communication the project stakeholders and other customers
Education and Experience Required:
Email your resume to Larry.LLanusa@WMI2.com
- Bachelor of Science degree in various Engineering or Physical Science fields (e.g. Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, etc.) (ABET accredited) and 3 years of experience and 1 year nuclear.
- Experience with waste, processing, and permitting.