VIEW JOBS9/24/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-23T00:00Dart Container's distribution center in Grand Prairie, TX is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team! The Distribution Center is one of the most impactful parts of our operation. While roles here tend to be "behind the scenes," each employee is always a valued and important team member helping ensure Dart remains a global leader in food and beverage packaging.
Day to Day Role:
* Supervise and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
* Schedule product priorities, equipment, workstations and staff to efficiently meet production goals on time. This includes taking daily attendance, scheduling personnel on specific lines and coordinating lunch and rest breaks.
* Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets. This includes generating any necessary reports for site management.
* Audit the floor as required by Leader Standard Work, monitor productivity metrics, verify adherence to procedures/ standard work and correct deficiencies as necessary.
* Inspect product and sign quality control check sheets as required per quality standards / procedures.
* Continuously monitor employee performance and conduct performance evaluations to include wage reviews of employees.
* Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, administration of policies and assignment of breaks, lunches, and other relief periods
* Make recommendations regarding staffing decisions (includes conducting or participating in the interview process with new candidates)
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Two (2) years of supervisory experience with strong leadership and management skills
* Three (3) years of experience in a warehouse environment
* Previous plant production software experience (SAP preferred)
* Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
* Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
* Ability to be on-call 24/7 and work weekends
* Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license for occasional travel between our Grand Prairie and Waxahachie, TX facilities
* Ability to work 11:00am-7:30pm shift
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree
* Experience conducting interviews
* Supervisory experience in a warehousing environment
* SAP experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
Dart Container Of MichiganGrand PrairieTX
VIEW JOBS10/13/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-11T00:00Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
In this key position the Logistics Supervisor is primarily responsible for every aspect of the Living Spaces Logistics SOP and secondarily, in partnership with the Visual Supervisor, for every aspect of Living Spaces Brand SOP. The ultimate goal for the Logistics Supervisor is to ensure world-class CPU service, shipping and receiving, and product processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Ensure that team members are properly trained
* Complete and demonstrate competency in all Learning Spaces training modules
* Partner with management to manage the learning of new hires and existing team members
* Build a passion for the product with the Brand Team through product knowledge and
* Living Spaces brand training
* Manage team member attendance for Logistics Onboarding
* Have shared responsibility with the Visual Supervisor
* Will lead the CPU/Floor Prep team members, Labeling, Service Tech, and Janitor
* Build a passion for the product with the Brand Team through product knowledge
* Partner with the Visual Supervisor to support and execute floor sets, showroom recovery, tech repairs, and creation of DTL's
* Help to manage and execute product flow, shipping and receiving, CPU product flow, and product flow from prep to the floor
* Help to manage the store inventory of all product
* Maintain for proper staging, labeling and organization around usable warehouse space
* Order warehouse supplies as needed
* Provide world-class service to CPU guests
* Maintain CPU standards, including training, process, and surveys
* Ensure that Brand team members engage guests on the showroom floor as needed
* Complete and communicate reports and photos to the Brand Manager, Corporate Partners, Regional Support, and Director of Brand as necessary
* Partner with the Retail Business Manager to meet and exceed gross margin goals
* Able to identify, recruit, develop and retain talent of all team members
* Have ongoing talent conversations and develop leadership skills to build store "bench"
* Able to build and inspire store teams to achieve goals and complete standard work
* Able to generate energy within the store through recognition and transparent in the moment conversations
* Ability to work weekends and most holidays
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. 5 years of retail experience in a direct customer interactive environment required. High volume experience is preferred. Three years of supervisory experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Living Spaces FurnitureGrand PrairieTX
VIEW JOBS10/28/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-26T00:00RETENTION BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE POSITIONS!
LKQ is looking to hire a highly reliable and skilled Dock Workerwith knowledge operating a forklift, order picker, has an excellent work ethic, motivated, and enjoys working hard. We are looking for someone that has experience in loading, unloading, sorting, and handling freight. This position is perfect for you if you enjoy working hard, have an excellent work ethic, motivated, proficient at handling multiple tasks, can read work orders, emails, and follow oral instructions from Management. As a Dock Worker you will be expected to perform various warehouse activities to include but not limited to operate a forklift, order picker, scanning parts, staging, loading, unloading, stocking of trucks, and keeping up with inventory.
Essential Job Duties:
* Receives labels from supervisor for parts to be pulled for assigned Location.
* Operates a forklift or order selector to transport parts in and about warehouse.
* Loads trucks according to the delivery schedule and performs a final check off parts loaded.
* Sorts and places parts and supplies on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
* Verifies in-stock position on product for inside sales staff.
* Classifies all returns according to integrity and condition of parts, and prepares necessary forms (RDDR) for inventory adjustments.
* Signs off on all delete tickets, providing an explanation as to the reason.
* Puts wheel cores in staging area for return to remanufacturing facilities.
* Maintains orderliness and housekeeping of assigned work areas.
* Complies with established company policies and procedures.
* Initiates and supports the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
* Assumes other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position may require individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating machinery. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Education & Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired. Up to six months of warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures, work methods, to become familiar with the company's products, locations, machines and equipment, operating methods, and to attain proficiency requirements and to fully assume responsibilities of the job. Forklift certification, pallet jack, pull cart and RF gun scanning beneficial.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General knowledge and ability to perform relatively simple work using basic arithmetic. Must be able to recognize and understand Transfer labels. Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends. Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
LKQ CorpGrand PrairieTX