Carson , CA 90745
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we're growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
You will significantly impact the Article business by:
- Setting expectations and providing support to the warehouse team so the distribution center runs smoothly
- Training, coaching, and developing the warehouse associates and leads
What does a day in the life of a Warehouse Supervisor at Article look like?
What You'll Be Doing
- Leading a team of employees including leads and associates. This includes hiring, communicating expectations, coaching and developing. You will also support with performance management and terminations as necessary.
- Following safe work procedures and ensure team works safely at all times
- Determining staffing levels and assigning workload
- Identifying areas of improvement and establishing innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Developing future leaders on the team to support our growth - you are always sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Embodying and demonstrating Article's values and principles (be better, be direct, be genuine, be good, be adventurous) in all decision-making and actions
- Coordinating activities with other departments
- Maintaining accurate inventory through organization and effective processes
- Working with dispatch to coordinate and communicate outbound orders to be picked and loaded
- Selecting proper container, methods of packing, cushioning and packing procedures
- Preparing shipping documents for TL, LTL, and FedEx shipments
- Maintaining good housekeeping in work areas
- Working alongside associates to unload trucks, process returns, pick orders, and get the job done
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. We are looking for individuals with flexible schedules, including weekends.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse supervisor
- Strong PC skills including warehouse software packages and MS/Google suite proficiency
- A team player who is willing to pitch in and help get the job done
- Resourceful, flexible and enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Ability to work independently and have sense of ownership
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to input, retrieve, and analyze data
- Physically fit to stand to get work done and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Reliable method(s) of transportation
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management, or business is an asset but not required
- Willingness to relocate to support our growth is an asset
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. We strive to help our customers spend less and live more, and we want to do the same for our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- You'll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- Access to a great benefits package with a generous employer contribution for yourself and your family (health, dental, vision)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Paid holidays and sick days.
- LTD and Group Life Insurance.
- All employees get amazing discounts on our products so you can style your home how you like it. We also extend discounts to your friends and family.