Warehouse Specialist Lead
Aecom Technology Corporation
New Boston , NH 03070
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Purpose and Scope:
The Warehouse Specialist Lead performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. In addition to the essential responsibilities, a Warehouse Specialist-Lead provides daily work assignment to other storage personnel (e.g., Shipping/Receiving clerks, Material handlers, Forklift operators, Shipper packers, stock clerks) assigned to work center, which includes performance of general duties and responsibilities associated with the efficient flow of materials and processes associated with the warehouse function. A Lead Person is a working employee charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, and approving the work of other employees. Position reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Perform a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment storage plan.
- Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage. Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages; route materials to prescribed storage locations; stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Makes detailed work allocations as instructed by the supervisor and/or customer maintenance representative.
- Responsible for furnishing sufficient and accurate information to employees working under his direction.
- Interprets information, answer questions, review, check/inspect work, and eliminate ordinary difficulties.
- The Lead Person does not to assume any supervisory prerogatives. The Lead Person does not establish work standards within the group, administer or recommend hire, fire or discipline of any employee.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting up to 20-60 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/or organizing skills, and musts be able to work under deadlines.
- AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Associate's Degree or equivalent training/experience, 2 years related experience, and a valid driver's license. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance, and/or must pass a criminal background check.