Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Warehouse Operations Manager
Topeka , Kansas 66601
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Asset LifeCycleJob Title:
WarehouseOperations ManagerReports to:
Exempt - Full timeAsset LifeCycle (ALC) is committed to leaving the world a better place for future generations. If you are passionate about the environment and would like to do your part to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle equipment, with the purpose of keeping product from entering the landfills, then here is your chance to join our Team.SUMMARY
ALCs Operations Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer and will be directly responsible for the management of product processing operations. This position is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures in a warehouse environment as established and set for the Operations Department and is a senior role within ALC Management.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Evaluate operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; evaluate existing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping and make recommendations for improvements based on findings
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with federal, state and industry specific legal regulations.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours and contract labor to revenues.
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Operations, Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability to build a strong team of direct reports and to actively develop the teams potential through coaching and effective performance management.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. (bilingual a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, internet and internal software. Ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations. Must be familiar with labor laws concerning health, safety and management initiatives to protect employees.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Safety conscious at all times.
- People Management
- Influencing and Leading
- Conflict Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Tolerance
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
The physical demands described below are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Capable of talking/hearing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift fifteen (15) pounds frequently, up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally.
- Capable of climbing stairs and standing up to 4 hours per day.
- Some bending, reaching and stooping required
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
Required for this position.WORK ENVIRONMENT
ALCs business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am 4:30pm CST. This position may be required to work during non-standard business hours to complete tasks. Professional and deadline-oriented environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The work is split between an office and warehouse environment warehouse environment (which may be excessively warm during the summer and cool during the winter). The dress code is casual which includes jeans. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Asset LifeCycle LLC will conduct pre-employment background investigations and drug testing as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer