Manning , SC 29102
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting to the General Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the total warehouse process, from receiving to storage and retrieval to ensure accuracy and on-time shipments in the most cost effective manner; as well as maintaining a balanced supply of material that minimizes inventory, prevents production part shortages and are efficiently delivered and stored at point of use.
- Directs and coordinates department activities with the assistance of subordinate team leaders.
- Assigns/delegates work responsibilities, provides instructions, prepares schedules, sets deadlines and disseminates policy. Resolves issues as they arise.
- Plans department activities and monitors the status of work in progress by consulting with department supervisors and analyzing reports, records and directives. This includes coordination with other departments to ensure efficiency.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices to develop and implement process improvements.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment utilizing and improving established factory processes.
- Manage, create and/or modify material replenishment processes to ensure production needs are consistently met.
- Plan, document and manage full physical inventory count events, while minimizing down time and maximizing inventory integrity.
- Keep warehouse organized and material easily identified.
- Utilize lean techniques and FIFO for warehouse management and organization.
- Manage inventory control for warehouse.
- Manage Kanban and cycle counts.
- Serve as a contact for production, reacting to needs and issues in a timely manner.
- Daily supervision and annual facilitation of performance reviews for warehouse personnel.
- Contributes to team effort by completing other related duties as needed or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of distribution/warehouse work experience, inclusive of 1+ years of management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; professional certification in inventory management or distribution management is a plus
- Strong background in inventory control management systems and integration processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel) and office equipment
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good follow-up skills and excellent communication and organizational skills
- Safety Mindset
- Lean Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Focus
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Skills