Dianne's Fine Desserts
Newburyport , MA 01950
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUSPURPOSE -
- Challenging and Rewarding Role for a person who is a proven manager and has experience as an individual contributor.
- Great pay and benefits!!!
Below is the job's overall purpose which highlights the general function and duty for which this position is responsible:
- Lead the local Supply Chain functions of Staging, Transportation and Warehousing at the Newburyport, Massachusetts Plant (the Plant). Role requires a hard-worker who is astrong leader and has been an individual contributor.
Following is a list of the typical duties the incumbent will be performing but is not intended to cover all possible work assignments.
- Coordinate all LTL common carrier deliveries, and investigate new methods of shipping our product
- Maintain integrity of all temperature-sensitive raw materials and finished goods utilizing standards set by Diannes Fine Desserts management team
- Review and approve departmental budget expenditures to maintain budget compliance.
- Negotiate and procure all materials for warehousing and logistics operation
- Maintain integrity of both finished goods and raw materials inventory via ERP System
- Ensure compliance with all inbound and outbound lot tracking procedures
- Participate in Safety program
- Support the annual planning process for the Plant.
- Plans local weekly replenishment orders.
- Serve as a member of the Plant Leadership Team in support of Plant goals.
- Manages activities at the Plant including managing labor costs and productivity, inventory levels and accuracy, and stocking strategies.
- Interface daily with Procurement and Production to maintain production efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Manage monthly physical inventories and reconciliation to ensure accurate financials and procurement
- Ensure inspections of all inbound and outbound trucks, using established shipping and receiving procedures, to ensure the highest quality products going to our customers
- Manage employees in the department in accordance with the Employee Handbook
- Interface with Production Planning Manager to ensure product availability
- Mediate all third-party shipping issues
- Participate in all applicable facility audits and assist in the development of procedures & corrective actions as needed
Following are the preferred qualifications/competencies: These specific competencies are the preferred competencies/experience/knowledge:
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS -
- College degree or equivalent experience (BA/BS preferred)
- ERP experience required (Oracle/JD Edwards preferred)
- 2-4 years supervisory experience (Supply Chain preferred)
- Direct exposure to purchasing, accounting, data processing, and manufacturing processes
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of current DOT regulations
- Working knowledge of HACCP
- APICS or other resource management society affiliation preferred
- Leadership skills, analytical ability, integrity, initiative, objectivity, creativity, human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Forklift Operation
List position titles, not individual names. Attach a separate organizational chart.
|Immediate Supervisor (title) :Director, Operations, Newburyport|
|Subordinates (titles):Receiving Clerk, Truck Driver, Warehouse Pullers, Warehouse Supervisor(s), Stagers. Freezer/Selectors|
|Other Job Titles Reporting to the Same Immediate Supervisor: |
As applied to your job, record measurable statistics, such as: budget (spending, operations, research, etc.); number of employees supervised directly and indirectly; sales volume; cost of purchases; value of inventories controlled, goods produced, etc.; and any other figures that would help others understand the nature of your job. All figures should be annual and approximate.Employees supervised: 8Operating budget: $500,000F/G Cases Shipped: 700,000 annuallySales Volume:Inventory Levels (monthly)Raw Materials: $1MMFinished goods:$500MADDITIONAL INFORMATION/SUPERVISOR COMMENTS:
- Must comply with all DOT regulations
- Must comply with all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Must comply with all safety protocols, rules and procedures
Final decision making authority:
- Common carrier negotiation/selection
- Logistics providers' negotiation/selection
- Off-site storage negotiation/selection
- Departmental travel requirements, vacations, overtime hours
- Departmental policies and procedures
- Discipline, performance managementand staffing of employees
Regular interaction with the following:
- Plant Manager- All areas of responsibility, cost analysis, continuous improvement projects, Management Team
- Human Resources
- Sales Management - Sales Issues
- Managers - supplier delivery issues, management team, procedures
- Production Planning
- Warehouse Vendors and Sales Representatives
- Various customer representatives and logistics management
- Common Carrier Logistics Support
- Short customer lead times/time constraints
- Re-deliveries due to product shortages