New Castle , DE 19720
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Supervising staff to issue materials, equipment, and supplies by direct receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. Additional responsibilities include liaising with customers and suppliers, monitoring service quality, motivating team leaders, and implementing safety standards and documentation.
Warehouse Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, shipping requirements and safety requirements.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by reconciliation of system counts with physical counts; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
High school diploma/GED required
- 5+ years experience in a warehouse supervisory role
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
- Prior knowledge of automobile parts preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with all levels of staff