VTC Support Specialist, Sr.
SPN Solutions Inc.
Bethesda , MD 20810
Posted 2 days ago
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled VTC Support Specialist, Sr. to support ongoing critical requirements with one of our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The VTC Support Specialist, Sr. will be responsible for leading a team in providing comprehensive end-user support and routine maintenance for audio-visual (A/V) and video teleconferencing electronic devices, systems, and services; identify, diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and defects. The VTC Support Specialist, Sr. will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead a team in providing comprehensive end-user support and routine maintenance for audio-visual (A/V) and video teleconferencing electronic devices, systems, and services; identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot system malfunctions and defects.
- Utilize knowledge of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) to support servers and clients, including PPS and patching to ensure compliance with cybersecurity protocols and guidelines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Server.
- Analyze and evaluate existing VTC systems with minimal oversight, and define problems, data availability, and report requirements and system design issues.
- Respond to customer support requests, identify support requirements, and perform end-user training where applicable.
- Develop documentation on VTC technology, methodology, policies, and procedures, including guides, SOPs, technical analyses, white papers, etc.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to expand or enhance the usage and delivery of AV/VTC services.
- Respond to technical support requests for campus television, monitors, and set-top boxes; identify root cause of equipment malfunction and document issues and resolutions.
- Lead day-to-day AV/VTC event support: document and confirm VTC event logistics prior to the event; ensure connectivity between near-end and far-end equipment; resolve technical challenges between local and remote sites on the day of the event.
- Maintain inventory of assigned systems, to include codecs, cameras, monitors, jabbers, and carts, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard video formats and display resolutions, and standard audio routing and configuration in integrated conference room systems. Working knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking and protocols relevant to VTC technology, including H.320, H.323, and SIP communication protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge in video conferencing technology and infrastructure, including conference room and desktop systems, multi-point control units, Gateway, Gatekeeper, and integrated A/V systems over IP and ISDN networks. Sample manufacturers include Crestron, Extron, Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom, Haivision, and Clear One.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills. Flexible work schedule to provide support, as necessary.
- Minimum Six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Four-year bachelors degree.
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity planning.
- Experience with Business Process development and Change Management.
SPN Solutions is an 8A Certified (SBA) Small Business that provides IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs, and provides mission support services to customers in the Defense, Federal Civilian Government and Commercial sectors. Our values are the standards that inform and inspire all our activities and distinguish us as a corporation.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment.