VP Of Strategies And Innovation
Boston , MA 02199
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for formulating and overseeing the development and execution of Jenzabars (the company) short and long-range strategic goals, financial objectives and related plans. Responsible for translating strategic business goals into operational plans and tactics to achieve strategic/financial goals.
Responsible for driving strategic technology innovation for continued company/ business growth. Works in partnerships with key business leaders to prepare the company for the future; fosters and facilitates strategic thinking on innovative product initiatives.
Defines and drives the product management strategy and business plan, short- and long-term growth strategy and positioning of the companys products in the market.
Responsible for researching and developing effective and financially productive business partners.
CORPORATE STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Develop long-term, forward-thinking business strategies designed to keep the company ahead of competitors. Create/generate strategic opportunities to expand revenue both organically and opportunistically (EG: M&A; business licensing, etc.). Lead the implementation of these strategic opportunities.
- Research/analyze future technological developments and changes in the marketplace to ensure Company is well positioned to take advantage of both; identify new markets and sources of potential growth; recommend new approaches to maintain Companys competitive edge. Responsible for the analysis of trends and developments in technology and for formulating strategic courses of action to maximize the Companys leverage within its market.
- Develops market awareness, industry insights, and trend identification to provide strategic direction to the company. Gathers of market data, conducts vendor review and analysis, attends industry events, to development strategic relationships. Develops a process to disseminate insights throughout the organization.
- Responsible for analysis of business outcomes as they relate to products and services required /anticipated by the market. Partners with product development/engineering, operations, and service/support leaders to ensure expected business outcomes.
- Looks for ways to introduce new, innovative opportunities, from concept to market readiness.
- Leads the financial evaluation of potential business/growth opportunities.
- Builds effective cross-departmental partnerships to foster innovation throughout the company.
- Leads Jenzabars strategic technology direction in order to deliver on innovative product initiatives, improving product management processes and support of managed products in market.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Defines and oversees the product management strategy; roadmap and lifecycle of the companys product portfolio. Directs the end-to-end leadership of new and existing products from inception through all phases of the products lifecycle.
- Ensure products meet the evolving needs of our customers and prospects. Recommend changes to existing approaches, product design, and product mix to maximize our market potential.
- Champions market analysis activities market segmentation, research, forecasting, and market access
- Drive alignment across the organization.
- Ensures product initiatives are resourced and delivered in a timely, customer-embraced manner.
- Responsible for researching and developing effective, financially sound business partners to augment and expand company offerings.
- Degree in Business Administration; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of operational experience, including proven operational success in higher education and technology sectors.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop trust and credibility, lead by example, and motivate high-performing teams.
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to supervise multiple disparate teams and develop talent.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Fluent in Finance matters including experience owning P&L and driving decisions around spend.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance