VP Of Finance
Brooklyn , NY 11234
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Wasa Properties is a dynamic real estate investments company specializing in the acquisition, long-term ownership and management of grocery anchored shopping centers and office buildings throughout the East Coast, Mid-West, and South West. Since the company's inception, Wasa Properties has assembled a portfolio in excess of 2 million square feet consisting of quality assets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including investor reporting.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasting with variance reporting.
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts for all financial packages for all portfolios including journal entries for accruals, reclassifications, adjustments and financial statements on an as needed basis
- Support onsite property managers and other site personnel in all aspects of financial and transactional reporting.
- Prepare annual CAM, tax, and insurance reconciliations and budgets.
- Support system improvement initiatives, including streamlining and automating processes and establishing cost efficiencies.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance.
- 2-3 years public accounting experience with at least 2 years of real estate industry accounting experience with an emphasis on retail/office/industrial assets.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel with excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of MRI or other similar property management related software.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory.
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with associates, senior leaders and external parties.
- Ability to work independently as well as with internal and external teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle a high volume of responsibilities
- A desire to be innovative and entrepreneurial when approaching projects, tasks, and interactions.
- Consistently and continuously strive to provide a high-level of internal and external professionalism.