VP, Business Development
Arlington , VA 22202
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Trustify you will join a passionate and talented team of experts working tirelessly to make truth, trust, and safety accessible to every man, woman, and child on Earth via our network of intelligence analysts and licensed investigators. We do this mission and values-based work on both a pro bono basis as well as commercially in both the B2C and B2B markets. We also perform this work out of a deeply personal mission and calling inspired by our founders Jen Mellon and Danny Boice.
If having a core impact on a mission and values-based organization that is literally saving lives excites you then we would love to hear from you..
First, a little about our cutlure:
- We are democratizing access to private investigation and intelligence services for every individual, family, household, business and non-profit in the World
- We are woman co-founded and woman led.
- Thousands of pro bono cases helping victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, unjust incarceration, abuse and more.
- Our staff is more than 70% female
- Read more about our new Crystal City office here.
We are looking for the ideal Vice-President, Business Development to join the Trustify family.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Expand Trustifys business by conceiving and closing revenue-generating deals and partnerships.
- Seek out and source new clients by developing networks and independently identifying and developing relevant resources for business development deals.
- Work towards sales and revenue goals as established in partnership with the Board of Directors and C-Level executive team.
- Develop business and revenue growth with the emphasis on maximizing LTV, and increase market visibility.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from a top business school
- 8+ years of private sector experience generating revenue via partnerships and customized business development deals
- A proven track record of successful revenue-generating partnerships and deals with mainstream consumer and B2B brands, apps, platforms and networks
- Success in relevant verticals such as political, financial, collections and legal
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds
- Prior technology company and/or tech startup experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Comfortable and confident using technology as an integral part of the sales process, with particular experience using sales tools such as Salesforce.com
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Based in SF, NYC or willing to relocate to DC
- Interest in working as part of a fast-growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment in a new and developing market place.
- Diversity is critically important to us, hence why our staff composition is > 40% ethnic minority
- Nursing mothers rooms in the office, liberal maternity/paternity leave, adoption stipend benefit
- Competitive base salary & equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Casual work environment
- Great location in Crystal City and Metro accessible
- Commuter benefit stipend
- Free gym access
- 8 for 8 Community Service Policy
- PTO, sick days, your birthday off, and a full holiday schedule