Vocational Rehabilitation - Field Manager
Denver , CO 80201
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are excited to identify diverse men and women to join us through the Vocational Rehabilitation Field Manager role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The field medical management positions support the local management team where assigned and directly report to the corporate Medical & Employee Health (MEH) Department in Fort Worth. This position will have regional clinical case management responsibility as well. MEH Field Program Managers are responsible for improving corporate health and productivity and for actively managing health related risk through the oversight and management programs, including but not limited to the following: Disability Case Management of on-duty injured employees, Vocational Rehabilitation Programs, Fitness for Duty Determinations of active employees and partners with Employee Assistance Programs and Health Promotion Programs.
Requires strong leadership qualities such that the MEH Department's vision, mission and programs are integrated and promoted into the day to day operations of the company.
25% Travel required, (mostly day travel)
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing or COHN Certification
- Fully unencumbered nursing license
- 5 years experience in medical case management preferably in a union environment, with demonstrable skills in program management, program implementation, building positive relationships, resolving conflict, and consensus building.
- Requires knowledge of the interface between medical/health conditions and the workplace as well as health care delivery systems and the workplace.
- Requires strategic planning skills in the design and implementation of health care management for injured workers, return to work planning, and a thorough understanding of the psycho/social/economic factors related to disability.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Americans with Disability Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Masters degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, or Nursing
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Working knowledge of injury/care management and OSHA standards.
- Previous experience working with Human Resource Department programs resolving employee relations issues.
- Knowledge of craft worker trait characteristics, ergonomics and the collective bargaining agreements in the railroad industry.
- Trial and deposition experience.
Competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program