Videography Teacher For After School Program
Creative Development Studios
Baltimore , MD 21202
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Seeking a passionate individual with strong knowledge of Videography and a love for working with children. An ideal candidate has video and story development experience while working with young children ages 5-17. Applying candidates should be energetic and flexible and have a background in media. Our vision is to empower children to become strong and confident individuals through the use of performing arts. Children show their final presentation at the end of the contract. Expanding our quality performing arts team will help to make that happen
We are looking for people that:
- Have a heart for kids!
- Are looking for and fun contractual opportunity
- Have teaching experience and excellent classroom management skills
- Are performance oriented
- With HIGH ENERGY and flexibility
- Have afternoons available
- Are willing and able to commit for one school year
- Have reliable transportation
Teachers will work on small projects i.e. film making, music videos, and PSA's.
-You may also be required to provide your own video production equipment: 1-2 medium size cameras or HD video phones, studio lights, and a microphone.
-Supplemental equipment will be provided for teachers without equipment.
-Editing work is the responsibility of the teacher.
- Teach videography to groups of young children ages 5-17. Classes are 1 hour in length.
- Ability to promote a feeling of security and trust in children by being warm, supportive, and comforting.
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about working with young children.
- Ability to commute to contracted locations.
- Curriculum development and lesson planning.
- Able to effectively collaborate with other performing arts teaching staff (when necessary)
- Ability to work well in an inner-city environment.
- Applicants will undergo a thorough background check and fingerprint
- Mediate any conflicts that may arise between students.
- Enforce the rules and safety regulations with equipment.
- Report any notable concerns or incidents to the Program Manager
- Dependability and punctuality a must
- Instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organizational and planning skills
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humor
- Ability to relate well with children
- Ability to make learning process fun
- Convey information in an exciting way
- Educational experience is a plus with a focus on Photo or Video production or media communication.
- Experience with elementary/middle school aged children
- Advanced Knowledge of Photo and Video Equipment is required.
- October 2 through May 17 (or last day of school).
- Hours: Monday- Thursday; 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- 1-4 one-hour classes per week (4-6pm) Our flexible schedule is ideal for someone looking for meaningful, contractual work!
- Additional hours available at various times throughout the school year.
- $40-$50/hour Based on experience and credentials
- Job Type: Contractual
If you are able to fulfill the responsibilities above, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere in your classroom, then this is the position for you!
To apply: Please submit the following: Resume, references and contact information