Vice President (Vp) Of Web Development
Los Angeles , CA 90012
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What We're About
We want to become customers' personal designer + personal tailor.
At frilly, we empower our shoppers by providing on-demand clothes that fit their clothing style and body. Our customers get curated life-like 3D collections according to their tastes, fit, and shopping habits. We also manufacture our clothes in-house to ensure that only the best quality is provided to our shoppers and that they receive it as quickly as possible. We consider ourselves as one of the pioneers in AR shopping and were here to revolutionize the fashion industry.
Our use of 3D designs helps us generate many more products in a much more cost effective way. Using an on-demand business model provides us with a lower return rate, as well as reducing our carbon footprint. We design in 3D, only make the products that are ordered by customers to minimize the waste, and we use sustainable fabrics as much as possible. All this is to say, we take sustainability very seriously.
At our core, we are a product company. We are in the process of building a team that includes Product Managers, Product Designers (both fashion and digital) and Product Delivery Managers.
We are looking for a Vice President of Web Development to join our Los Angeles team. This new position will be responsible for management of our front and back end properties aligning web development efforts with the organizational vision and ensure web deliverable quality, accuracy, and timely execution. You will lead a team of highly skilled engineers while working with product and creative to build best-in-class technology solutions. You will be a dynamic leader that can take ownership over this area helping to take our internal development efforts to the next level.
- Lead all aspects of web development, DevOps, and QA for our customer-facing website, as well as our internal-facing platform and other B2C web development efforts (e.g. marketing, tools, etc)
- Provide valuable technical solutions to the product group and manage the technical debt
- Drive overall technology roadmaps and strategy related to web development efforts
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Serving as liaison and primary point of contact for cross-functional internal teams; evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test technology activities
- 5+ years of professional experience working to design, develop, and launch websites
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Experience managing a remotely located team
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Strong knowledge of user interface and information design processes and methodology
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and successfully work with others in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
- 100% covered health
- Stock options - 0.5% on $117M Valuation; 4 year vest. 1 year cliff
- Flexible hours
- Dog friendly office