Vice President Of Technology
Talence Group LLC
Portland , OR 97201
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
who our client is and what they need
Our client, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is a world-class brand, and they are dedicated to positively impacting communities. They continue to lead efforts in sustainability and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion in Oregon. This public-spirited organization is looking for an addition to its leadership team to partner across the organization, leading technology transformation. They need a collaborative and forward-thinking IT business thought leader who will deliver the best practices in the changing landscape of todays world.
If you have progressive leadership experience driving change initiatives, value stream mapping, and digital transformation, this is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a fantastic team.
what you will do
- Develop a strategic roadmap with short-term and long-term IT initiatives that maximize technology investments, optimize resources and assets, and enable organizational performance.
- Assess current IT organization to develop and maintain an appropriate organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Anticipate the future the needs of the business through strong internal partnerships with business units and operational leaders.
- Collaborate with the Brand Strategy and Innovation team to maintain an effective and efficient marketing technology stack and bring forward technology that removes friction and improves the overall customer experience.
- Partner with data and analytics team to maintain data warehouse, engineering, and the administration that helps continue data-driven based decision making across the entire organization.
- Lead the implementation, maintenance, and upgrades of all technology systems, services, databases, phone systems, and other related programs and tools.
- Build a disaster recovery, business continuity, and cybersecurity plan in partnership with the leadership team.
- Build an IT resiliency dashboard to monitor IT services, key metrics for storage, desktop virtualization, VPN and application availability while managing to SLAs and remediating anomalies that may lead to a disruption of services.
- Drive and maintain a program of continuous technology improvements for staff, internal processes, and technology stack while managing risks and costs.
- Ensure continual improvement and updates based on performance of IT systems and services, as well as the organizations needs.
- Create a technology roadmap that supports long-term, organization-wide priorities ensuring our infrastructure is built to be scalable, flexible, and sustainable.
- Promote innovation, prioritize IT initiatives, and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
- Understand current technology trends and capabilities to translate potential impact to the business for the senior leadership group.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Act to ensure the integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Ensure IT systems adhere to applicable laws and regulations, including those governing classified information and ever-evolving data privacy legislation.
- Develop an annual budget that reflects the business priorities and actively manage operational and capital spending in accordance with that budget.
- Build and implement staff training and support strategy for technology services, systems, and protocols, including orientation for all new hires.
- Effectively motivate and manage a diverse team of employees, creating a culture that has a sense of urgency and a high level of accountability.
what you need to have
- 10+ years of progressive positions with leadership experience in Information Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to modernize technology, establish successful hardware/software integration, and use emerging technologies to address opportunities that grow the business in an organization with diversified and, often, competing business needs.
- Experience in managing customer data, data governance, and data strategy and managing systems and process transformation projects from requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, design/customization, and implementation/continued maintenance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of how technologies such as elastic cloud computing, big data, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and 5G can be leveraged to drive efficiency and innovation in our industry.
- Experience with rapid development methodologies. Scaled Agile framework experience a plus.
- Effective communicator that provides the organization with a clear and transparent plan; work with a cross-company, customer mindset, where collaboration is needed.
- Great business acumen, project management, organizational savvy, and operational with technological perspectives.
- Resourceful self-starter and a problem-solver.
- Strategic with the flexibility to be hands-on as needed; comfortable flexing between the two quickly.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize projects to ensure available resources are being maximized for the organizations most pressing needs.
- A proven history of working effectively cross-functionally on technology-driven initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in a technology-related field.
Competitive Healthcare Coverage Retirement Plan Paid Maternal & Parental Leave Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays) Wellness Perks Tuition Reimbursement Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes Ongoing Learning & Development