Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Vice President, Business Development - Corporate Finance Group (M/F)
New York , NY 10001
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The company is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets.
- One of a small group of primary Business Development contact for the Corporate Finance Relationship Management Group in the U.S. Responsible for meeting with the existing customer base while also generating new opportunities for Corporate Finance ratings by designing, implementing, and executing business development and customer outreach strategies.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive customer outreach/issuer calling program to support and improve the company's market position.
- Meet with prioritized customers to market both new and existing ratings products
- Meet with potential new customers to explain rating processes and value proposition.
- Attend both and industry conferences, briefings and events to develop market contacts and key relationships.
- Monitor market activity to identify and assess further opportunities for new business.
- Lead discussion and negotiation on standard and complex terms and conditions with customer.
- Insure that internal databases, in relation to customer details, are maintained securely, accurately timely.
- Expertly represent product suite to both market intermediaries and issuers. Need to understand the nuances of what is available to existing vs new customers.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, such as Account Management, Global Middle Office, Billing, and Pricing to develop and co-ordinate projects to improve workflow processes and market outreach.
- Expected to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair many meetings daily with customers and intermediaries.
- Ability to conduct issuer meetings at Assistant Treasurer, Treasurer, Director of Finance and the C-Suite level.
- Communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of capital markets and the ratings process.
- Exhibit strong analytical skills.
- Understand corporate balance sheets to identify customer needs.
- Excellent marketing, negotiation and influencing skills
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting, business or economics required. Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of sales or relationship management or business development success at an investment bank, commercial bank, financial advisory firm, international rating organization, or other financial services provider.
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.