Veterinary Technician - St. Bernard's Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Jacksonville , FL 32223
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
St. Bernard's Animal Hospital is seeking an energetic professional to be a part of our fast-paced team, multi-doctor animal hospital. We strive to offer the highest standard of care to every client and patient that we see. Our hospital has a fully equipped surgical suite, digital radiology suite, digital dental radiology, cold laser therapy, acupuncture, and a in house diagnostic laboratory. Because of our hospitals client-centered nature, this role requires your commitment to providing both patients and clients with the highest standard of care. Applicants must demonstrate professionalism, dependability, healthy and positive communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Must be willing to work flexible hours and weekends. We are looking for service minded individuals with knowledge in general small animal medicine and emergencies.
The Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) is responsible for assisting Veterinarians in the care of animals. The Vet Tech helps during patient examinations and surgical procedures by restraining animals when necessary, stocking examination and surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools and ensuring that equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also communicate with clients (pet owners) and update patient files. This position may perform an initial evaluation of the animals condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples and administer medication.
- Collect and record information about the animals.
- Check animals and do routine procedures. (i.e. collect blood for heartworm tests, nail trims, express anal glands, ear swabs).
- Administer vaccines under direction of the Doctor.
- Enter services rendered on charge slip or in computer.
- Receive hospital patients.
- Prepare surgery room.
- Prepare animals for surgery.
- Assist the Doctors in surgery.
- Monitor patients after surgery.
- Clean up after surgery.
- Call clients after surgery.
- Monitor patients hospitalized for treatment.
- Run lab tests and record results.
- Send and receive referred lab tests and record results.
- Notify the Doctor of lab results so they can contact the owner.
- High School diploma or GED certificate with three (3) years experience as a Veterinary Technician.
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with Cornerstone software is preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekends
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!