Veterinary Receptionist - Tender Paws Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Conroe , TX 77301
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Tender Paws Animal Hospital is a small animal hospital that partners with local animal shelters and takes pride in the community. For the past fifteen years, we have served the Conroe, Willis, Montgomery and The Woodlands areas and maintained our well regarded and successful hospital by providing outstanding customer service and quality care to our clients. We focus on educating our clients and improving the quality of life for their pets!
We have a highly trained and loyal team, and we place a great deal of importance on diagnostics and diet and nutrition. We are also well-equipped with digital x-ray, laser therapy and provide on-site ultrasound and echoes, and use complimentary medicine such as acupuncture and herbs with traditional medicine.
If you feel that our values on always asking What is best for the pet? sounds like a good fit for you, we would love for you to apply!
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarians instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Prior experience in the veterinary industry preferred
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts
- Experience with Cornerstone software is preferred
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation &Public Holidays)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!