Animal ER Care, LLC
Colorado Springs , CO 80901
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our Assistants are primarily responsible for assisting technicians and DVMs with patient and hospital care. They are in responsible for the prep of treatments, procedures, sedation and anesthetic procedures. They also play a significant role in the flow of patient care.
EDUCATION AND LICENSUING REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Assistant Certification
- Internship or externship in emergency/critical care or two years experience.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Has compassion for working with animals, especially in times when they are stressed, anxious, aggressive, ill, or in pain.
- Can stay calm and collected during times of high stress and medical crisis.
- Is a good communicator and is easily approachable.
- Handles all aspects of their job in a mature fashion.
- Excels in a team oriented environment and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals up to 50 lbs; any animals above 50lbs will require other staff members to assist. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Some patients may require restraint on the floor, therefore must be able to be in a bent position for a long period of time. Must be able to move swiftly during an emergency.
- Working Conditions: May be exposed to physical harm such as bites, scratches, and contagious diseases; and will be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, & animals.
We offer a very competitive salary, complemented by health, dental, and vision coverage options, a 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions, a generous CE allowance, uniform allowance, professional dues, employee pet discounts, and a balanced schedule to enjoy all that Colorado has to offer.