Gilroy , CA 95020
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently looking for experienced Veterinarians to fill an opening with a state of the art veterinary hospital. You will have the opportunity to join a beautiful hospital facility. We are looking for a friendly, motivated professional individual who works well with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment. Interested candidates should have prior experience working in a Veterinary Hospital.
If you love animals and are committed to providing high quality care, we hope youll submit an application.
We are seeking to fill full time position at our Gilroy location.
THE POSITION: California licensed veterinarian
- Performs surgical procedures on an as needed basis including, but not limited to, ovariohysterectomy, orchiectomy/castration, tumor/mass removal, hernia repair and tooth extractions
- Promotes health of animals by advising animal owners about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care
- Cultivate positive relationships with customers and their animals through regular communication and excellent record-keeping
- In-house equipment includes ultrasound, critical care monitoring equipment, isolation ward, and fully equipped surgical suites
- Excellent surgical skills, including, but not limited to, spay/neuter, and dentistry
- Ability to balance medical and financial priorities with the clients of the veterinary clinic
- Ability to work independently, exercise good clinical judgment, provide supervisory support of technical staff and use diplomacy and tact in dealing with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of preventive medicine
- Educate clients on the importance of vaccinations, heart worm treatments, flea and tick treatments and other aspects of preventative care
- Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Cooperativeness- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility- Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency- Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Generous sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- Solid benefits package including: health, vision, dental, liability, 401k, pet care discounts
- Opportunity for growth
- A positive work life balance
- Support as needed for you and your team
One year related experience required. Wages for this position is dependent on experience and education.
If this is what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!