Columbia , MD 21044
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CORMAC Corporation, founded in 2002, offers full-service information technology and business solutions with specialties in Data Management, and Analytics. Our customer-centric business philosophy is to first understand problems from our customers perspective, and then provide innovative and practical technical and business solutions to achieve their business objectives. Located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with offices in Herndon, VA and Columbia, MD, we are a CMMI Maturity Level 3, women-owned company.
You will be our user interface/design expert as we modernize a legacy system and move it to the cloud. In this role you will collaborate with product owners, stakeholders and an Agile engineering team to solicit, elaborate, and document business and technical requirements. You will sketch both on paper and white boards as a means of rapidly exploring ideas with colleagues on cross-functional teams. You will conceptualize innovative solutions, create user experience specifications, workflows and mockups, and provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as develop well-crafted design artifacts.
- Work closely with product teams to design and document specific workflows for documented product use cases.
- Create production-ready UI/UX workflows ready for implementation.
- Work closely with frontend-engineers to work through challenging material and devise creative solutions to UX problems.
- Produce prototypes and CSS to support frontend-engineers as required.
- Generate, conceptualize, brainstorm and execute ideas that bring brand attributes and products to life.
- Work with the engineering staff and product leads to review technically difficult UX features to ensure features can be executed accurately against design concepts.
- Work with product leads to communicate custom dashboards, data visualizations, or other capabilities during RFP responses, executing the design work or directing a designer on executing the vision
- Embody high creative standards, providing detailed direction and insight to design and product teams
- Support Product leadership with customer advisory boards, market analysis, and proofs of concepts.
- Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or other related field and/or discipline.
- 5-7+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in UX design experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and prototyping user interfaces and usability of websites and/or web applications.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI/UX
- Demonstrated experience as key interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team throughout the system development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Knowledge on UX strategy, user researcher, user interviews, surveys and usability study. Builds personas, user journey map, empathy maps.
- Knowledge on UX analysis to conduct competitive analysis, market assessments and heuristic evaluations
- Demonstrated understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance)
- Excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-moving and high-stakes environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Strong knowledge of Agile Lifecycle Management tools like Jira, etc.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services experience
- AWS Cloud