Indianapolis , IN 46201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Outside Source delivers the apps, integrations and strategy that power connected user experiences. We are strategists, designers, and developers and we partner with leading companies to build transformative mobile and web applications for the Internet of Things.
Our office is located within the Indiana IoT Lab in Fishers, Indiana, a collaborative workplace focused on developing the next generation of IoT technology.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and for translating that research into user story maps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and create multiple iterations to ensure a great user experience.
By joining our team, youll get the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects with a team of top designers while working closely with project managers. At Outside Source, we push the boundaries of product UX design every single day, and wed love for you to help us take this even further.
We dont cut corners, and we dont make compromiseswe create beautiful UX designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to the user experience.
As a UX designer, you will...
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate clients product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
As a candidate...
- You have 3+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- You have an ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- You have experience using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You have an ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- You have an ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
You might also...
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Paid vacation time
- Fully funded health insurance
- HSA availability
- Life insurance
- 401k with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability offerings
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.