Utilization Review Coordinator
Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute
Georgetown , TX 78626
Posted 1 week ago
Come join our team. Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute is a 118 bed inpatient behavioral health hospital and seeking a full-time Utilization Review Coordinator. This position is responsible for working with insurance companies and managed care systems for the authorization, concurrent and retrospective review of inpatient admissions and services.
Key responsibilities include obtaining authorization for each admitted patient and you will review and monitor each step of the authorization process to proactively identify potential problems to help patients access the full range of their benefits through the utilization review process.
- Education: Masters Degree in a relevant field (e.g., mental health, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology) is preferred but not required.
- Licenses: Texas licensure as a LPC-I, LPC, LMSW, LMFT or LMFT-A Preferred but not required. LVN or RN licensure also considered for this position.
- Experience: Prefer two years clinical experience in a facility with medical terminology and in criteria for acute psychiatric inpatient care. Knowledgeable of insurance coverage and billing practices preferred. Previous experience in utilization review or case management desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, assessment, evaluation, and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment; flexibility; teaching or training skills helpful; understanding of, or ability to understand DSM-V methodology.
- Advanced knowledge and clinical skills in diagnosis and treatment of mental health. Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health.
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a good listener with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions exclusively on the basis of merit. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.