Menifee , CA 92584
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who are we:
Were a full service mortgage bank with an experienced staff offering expertise in every area of mortgage lending, from purchase to refinance to construction lending. We have access to a full range of mortgage sources and all of our mortgage bankers are dedicated to finding the right loan-with competitive rates, terms and costs-to meet your unique needs. But thats just the beginning of our service. Throughout the lending process, we provide regular loan updates and progress reports so you always know the status of your loan.
Review mortgage loan files to asses risk and compliance with agency and investor underwriting guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze loan documentation to calculate risk and credit worthiness for residential mortgages.
- Review, update and run automated underwriting systems to determine risk, reduced documentation for borrowers and review of data accuracy as input in Encompass LP and DU
- Review appraisal to verify that it meets investor/insurer requirements and contact appraiser to obtain clarification of the appraisal when necessary.
- Submit qualifying loan submission to investor/insurer for final approval Act on loans awaiting closing by reviewing and clearing conditions of commitment, pull and analyze credit.
- Deny loan applications that do not meet applicable investor/insurer underwriting criteria by issuing adverse action letter in accordance with ECOA
- Reconsider any previously denied application at request of borrower, realtor, loan originator or management
- Provide clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions. Mentor processing staff on underwriting deficiencies and calculation errors.
- Keep management informed of specific ongoing issues that require immediate attention.
- Provide client support for general questions or problem resolution via phone and e mail interaction.
- Coordinate with Post-Closing department on any stipulations for closed files.
- At least 3+ years mortgage underwriting experience
- Be well versed with existing and updated credit guidelines per Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA, USDA, etc.
- Ability to shift priorities and work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with mortgage operating systems, preferably Encompass
- Experience with Paperless and E-Documents
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
What we offer
- Opportunities for advancement
- For qualifying employees benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay
Point Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment.