Alpharetta , GA 30009
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Deposco is seeking a User Interface Designer to join our core product design and development team. This role at Deposco offers a unique opportunity to use all of your user interface design, development, and user testing skills, working within a high-growth environment. Working alongside our team of software developers and designers, you will be able to apply your experience with front-end software design to a suite of 7+ software solutions that are used by thousands of users every day, gathering feedback directly from users through testing programs, and applying that feedback to new and existing software solutions. The right candidate will have direct experience developing front-end software, and have an interest in the practice of user experience testing. Successful candidates for this role will gain valuable experience with a wide variety of software applications in exciting and popular areas such as e-commerce, data science and analytics, retail and supply chain planning, inventory management and order fulfillment.
What Youll Do:
- Design user interface prototypes and high-fidelity mockups for browser and mobile apps that are used by a wide range of user personas.
- Use graphic design skills to build designs that are practical and focused on engaging the user of our software app.
- Contribute to a central library of best practices of UI design, common set of UI patterns and components to use, while collaborating with the overall design and development team
- Conduct user experience testing sessions with end users who use our software every day. Construct test plans and scenarios, coordinate testing sessions with our Customer Success team to find the most appropriate test users, document feedback from tests, and come up with suggestions to improve usability of the solution.
- Build new UI feature enhancements to offer to the market and assist with final packaging of the features before they are released to give our customers a great first impression.
- Collaborate with back-end software developers and quality assurance teams in an Agile environment using business requirements in Jira and Confluence. Organize with the broader team to deliver new solutions and features on schedule.
- Strong candidates will also have the opportunity to partner with our Marketing team to build valuable marketing materials, using creative graphic design and website development skills.
- Create and maintain our UI Kit and design language including detailed specifications, style guides, and prototypes for handoff to Development & Creative teams
Nitty Gritty (What Youll Need):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Graphic Design, or a related degree, with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Must present a strong portfolio that demonstrates your creative style while showcasing your understanding of layout and design.
- 1 year of experience delivering software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and collaborate with team members both technically and functionally. Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and a passion to learn.
- Interest in designing and developing analytics-based supply chain optimization software solutions is desired.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and execute detailed tasks in order to meet defined goals.
Its a plus if you have:
- Experience creating and maintaining atomic design systems
- Experience working with design tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma
- Experience in creating user personas, wireframes, journey-maps
- Be part of an energetic team that is serious about delivering software to customers and cultivating our culture. We work awfully hard and are having a blast doing it. This team believes that what we are doing is a game-changer in the industry
- Best coffee machine in the business and all the snacks you want
- Standing desk (if youre into that sort of thing)
- Corporate events including movie nights, Top Golf and other shenanigans
- Corporate office in walking distance of restaurants with Avalon and North Point Mall around the corner
- Benefits package with health care, paid time off, life insurance and 401k plan
About Deposco, Inc.:
Deposco is a leading cloud-based SaaS platform provider of Supply Chain and Inventory Fulfillment solutions. Our Bright Suite of applications include Distributed Order Management, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Procurement, and Store (Point of Sale); industry focuses include: Retailers, E-Retailers, Distributors, Manufacturers and 3PL solutions. We are based in Alpharetta, GA, are a UPS ready provider and have enjoyed many recent industry awards & accolades including those by Gartner (2015 Cool Vendor), Internet Logistics Top 100, and Supply Chain & Demand Executive 100. www.Deposco.com