Two's Lead Teacher
Georgetown Hill Early School
Montgomery Village , MD 20886
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Georgetown Hill Early School has almost 40 years experience serving Maryland families. We strive to fully prepare children for kindergarten and have a strong reputation within the local school systems. We take pride in meeting the individual needs of our students and fostering the independence of each child in a safe, warm, and family-like professional learning environment.
We are looking for a qualified Two's Teacher to contribute to our Twos's program at our Apple Ridge campus in Montgomery Village, MD. Must be available to work Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Utilize Georgetown Hills P.L.A.N. (play, learning, arts, nurturing) curriculum with support from co-teachers
- Be ready to learn our preschool philosophy beginning with day one!
- Support classroom teachers in all daily activities (snack, lunch, nap, play, projects, educational activities, etc.)
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, play, circle time, educational activities etc.) on a daily basis
- Communicate with parents in a friendly manner during daily interactions
- Utilize Kid Report and other technologies for daily communication regarding children's daily activities
- It's okay if you don't know what Kid Report is! We just want to make sure you're willing to learn and use it!
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Preschools are germ factories and we want to keep you and our students healthy!
Please note: All hiring decisions are based on current and rolling needs at each of our campuses. During the interview process, applicants may be expected to show flexibility in final campus, schedule, and/or program age placement.
Please be advised: All applicants will be subject to a state and federal background check, as well as a references check.
All applicants must have the following requirements:
- Personal demeanor that is warm, friendly, and cool-tempered - first and foremost, our teachers are kind
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 90 hour MSDE Infant/Toddler Certification is preferred; or motivation to take the course
- Proven work experience in an Infant/Toddler program (preferably at least two years)
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, grammar, and speaking skills
- Proficient computer skills as duties will require proficiency in GHES productivity apps like Kid Reports.
- Ability to manage the physical demands of a preschool setting, including but not limited to: sitting on the floor, getting up quickly from the floor, lifting up to 40 pounds, reaching and lifting above your head, etc.
- Ability to be a positive and productive co-worker, supervisor, and employee
- Reliability in attendance and punctuality
- Employer sponsored pre-service trainings (First Aid/CPR, Health & Safety, etc.)
- 401(k) with match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- After thrity days of employment, full time employees are also eligible for the following: medical insurance with HRA; FSA/DCA; and supplemental, voluntary insurance options (dental (with vision discounts), short term disability, term life);
- Paid training days
- Financial assistance for professional development
- Bonus programs: referrals