Ts/Sci Database Administrator
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, Llc.
Saint Louis , Missouri 63118
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Database AdministratorLocation: St. Louis, MOClearance:TS/SCI required.Job Description:Bailey Information Technology Consultants has an opening for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to manage aspects of Oracle and Postgres databases including installation, configuration, design and data migration within Aeronautical Production Systems. This DBA position is tailored towards a Database developer vs. a Database admin as there will be database functions requiring significant modernization as the system migrates to the cloud. Responsibilities:
- Supporting Oracle database migration from on premise to AWS Cloud leveraging RDS managed service.
- Supporting the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Evaluation will include feasibility studies of Oracle vs Postgres database options across cloud system architectures.
- Evaluation will include Subject Matter Expertise (SME) level input to lead Engineering studies as to pros and cons each of proposed solution.
- Supporting the development of long term and short-term requirements for database administration and design.
- Supporting the development of data migration strategy and its implementation.
- Modifying functions with Oracle to produce additional data outputs.
- Modernization of databases to utilize and implement Spatial functionality.
- Documentation of database procedures and best practices.
- Manage and maintain Oracle databases including migration of version updates.
- Maintain and optimize spatial data in Oracle.
- Potential to convert Oracle database to PostgreSQL.
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline w/ 4-6 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience maintaining operational Oracle databases for mission critical systems.
- Experience scripting for views, functions, and queries.
- Experience query tuning for database optimization.
- Understanding of databases, primarily Oracle and/or other relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and RDS managed service in particular
- Prior experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in general.
- Previous experience scripting with Bash/Linux shell scripting.
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution, and general administration.
- Prior experience with migration projects.
- Prior experience with Postgres database modernization/maintenance/sustainment.
- Prior experience with DoD Aeronautical Datasets
- Prior experience with AWS cloud formation templates
- Prior experience with configuration management tools and processes.
- Prior experience with Oracle Spatial or PostGIS.
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
We will be modernizing a very complex Oracle database with numerous functions. We are looking for extensive Oracle manipulation, upgrades, and scripting experience along with any mention of Postgres experience as we will be investigating moving to this database structure as part of a research phase.