First Trust Company, LLC
Rapid City , SD 57701
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The ideal candidate will be numbers oriented; possess strong critical thinking skills to manage and complete projects; and be self-disciplined in time-management and prioritization. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and accommodating in work approach based on priorities and possess strong analytical and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be professional, self- motivated, reliable, courteous, punctual, and have a desire to continuously learn and grow with the company.
Summary Assisting trust officers and executives with trust administration, risk management, correspondence and documents, record keeping, scheduling, and various corporate administrative tasks.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and assist Officers with trust annual account reviews.
- Complete new account onboarding and closing duties.
- Review and process trust administration tasks as needed and assigned.
- Complete, follow up and track outstanding trust administration and investment management deliverables.
- Process trust account money movement transactions including bill-pay and tax payments.
- Perform trust account maintenance on trust accounting system.
- Process trust transactions with high accuracy.
- Ensure processing activities are thoroughly documented (scanned and filed).
- Prepare and send written correspondence.
- Receive and direct incoming calls and greet clients/visitors.
- Assist with quarterly audit requests.
- Assist with incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist with post office and bank deposit runs as needed.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner as needed.
- Assist and/or relay critical client issues to trust officer(s) promptly.
- Manage special projects as needed with minimal oversight.
- Assist with fiduciary tax processing.
- Assist with client/company mailings as needed.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA desirable
- High degree of attention to detail
- At least two years’ experience of finance, accounting or trust administration work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong numbers aptitude.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure compliance.
- Very well organized and able to keep accurate records.
- Accuracy in computer operations/spreadsheets/word processing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform data entry accurately and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task with high accuracy and completion rate.
- Ability to work well as part of an office team.
CTFA preferred or working towards a CTFA