Bridgeton , NJ 08302
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Kisatchie Midnight Express LLC, a McFarland Cascade and Stella-Jones Company, is seeking qualified drivers to operate commercial trucks to transport wood products to and from specified destinations. The positions will deliver loads in New Jersey and various states along the east coast. Ideal candidates will be located in the Bridgeton, New Jersey area.
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
- Loads and unload products and supplies by using a loader/boom with a grapple. Will be offloading rail cars and other trucks. Placing products into yard bunks, and onto other truck/trailer combinations. Delivering to customer yards and job site locations including drop staking.
- Maintains records, documents, permits, and valid licenses for assigned truck/equipment
- Assists in maintenance, service of the trucks, yard and support equipment as required.
- Drives truck to destination including during adverse weather conditions and emergency storm response.
- Responsible for quantities and correct sizes and types to match shipping and receiving tickets to ensure accurate inventory. Ensures load tickets are signed, dated and submitted on time.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Performs daily pre and post trip DOT inspections on truck, trailer, boom and specialty equipment. Checks oil, coolant, tires, connections, pins and hydraulic hoses daily.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing lights, small mechanical problems, hoses and installs tire chains, etc. with guidance from supervisor.
- Properly secures cargo as per DOT regulations
- Responsible for Safety, DOT and yard OSHA awareness.
- 1 year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of commercial trucking experience
- Experience with self-loaders/heavy equipment operators preferred
- Experience with steering trailers preferred
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
$10,000 sign-on bonus* details:
$5,000 paid on first payroll.
$5,000 paid on payroll following six months of employment.
Minimum of 12 months of employment in same position or prorated repayment is required.
The offering of a sign-on bonus will be reviewed periodically and may be discontinued at any time.Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled