Allstate Insurance Company
Garden City , NY 11530
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Trial Attorney will represents clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass, and Esurance (“the Company”) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability lawsuits. Represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. The Trial Attorney will conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies and, acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business area’s processes and procedures as well as best practices. The Trial Attorney will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and achieving team objectives.
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of the New York State Bar
- No Fault litigation experience is required
- Familiarity with SIU file handling and EUO experience is preferred
- 1 - 5 years Insurance Defense, Subrogation and/or Personal Injury litigation experience preferred
- Trial and/or Arbitration experience is preferred, with flexibility to work across several disciplines that may include PIP, UM and Subrogation
- Computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Lexis, and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
- Must be able to handle a heavy caseload
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to travel from Bronx County to Suffolk County