Trend & Scene Manager - Chicago
Chicago , IL 60601
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Trend and Scene Manager is our local Brand Evangelist, personifying and promoting the values that are intrinsic to Jgermeister. The ideal candidate is a well connected individual in their local nightlife scene who is able to engage in professional sales and marketing practices necessary to enhance both consumer and customer driven engagement. This role reports directly to the National Trend and Scene Manager.
This individual will be knowledgeable of trends within their respective territory and have the ability to identify key opinion leaders / influencers in the community while engaging them in promoting our Jgermeister brand. The Trend and Scene Manager will be a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial individual who will become the face of the brand to the trade, customer & creative communities in their market.
- Establish & maintain a universe of culturally relevant, locally recognized accounts comprised of top nightlife, mixology / cocktail & trendy / dining locations.
- In depth knowledge of the on - premise channel, including buying patterns within the respective territory as they pertain to the shot, amari and cocktail categories
- Build & secure brand relevance & consideration with influential, trade based opinion leaders
- Convince and excite relevant bartenders in order to build brand affinity and loyalty leading to menu placements, features and branding with a focus on increasing volume
- Increase Jgermeister quality perception around best in class on premise executions with both trade & LDA consumers.
- Create relevant, ongoing awareness - driving brand activations within your account universe
- Become an elite educator of the brand history, ingredients, process & cocktail use while being fluid in category & competitive sets as well as knowledge of local, state and DISCUS laws.
- Maintain relationship with key cultural & creative thought leaders in the market including artists, musicians, chefs, promoters, designers, record labels etc.
- Identify, inspire and influence targeted artists to advocate on behalf of our brand with their respective audience
- Execute a monthly calendar of cultural events design to drive build brand awareness and relevance among the target audience.
- Drive new product awareness with key influencers to drive awareness and engagement with new brand ideas / concepts
- Introduce Jgermeister innovations, concepts and line extensions to the market.
- Understand and engage with the scenes, sub cultures and infiltrate them within the community all the while identifying and leveraging trends.
- Understand and engage local subculture opinion leaders/ influencers for on brand collaborations
- Track, report and present all on premise work plus provide competitive observations / recommendations.
- Responsible for local budget management including spend, KPI / Goal tracking and reconciliation
- Monitor and provide internal daily / weekly / monthly reporting of all related trade and consumer programming.
- Train and comply with all internal company processes for all event execution and POS creation.
- Ensure all marketing/advertising programs and digital materials as well as any / all related external partners/vendors are compliant with all DISCUS needs and processes.
- Creative: Demonstrates subject matter expertise so as to spot and capitalize on trends in the marketplace as well as develop new concepts / ideas to build brand loyalty.
- Organized and Well Planned: Possesses excellent verbal/written skills and has the ability to present in front of large and small groups with a natural ability to captivate the audience. Participate in staff / distributor trainings, be a part of team meetings and track & report activities and provide competitive observations.
- Collaborative & Communicative: Is authentic, articulate, intelligent and well - spoken with command of an audience, always delivering excellence in execution.
- Action-Oriented: Demonstrates an engaging, extroverted, charismatic personality with an aura that others want to be part of. Thrives in both on premise and cultural communities and has a natural ability to engage and influence in both trade and non-trade arenas.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in brand ambassador work with proven on premise success
- Energetic, charismatic, extroverted self-starter that stands out/has a presence
- Must have on premise experience (Bartending, Mixology, Bar Management) with a proven history of executional excellence
- Cultural Marketing background a plus
- Must be fluent in social media platforms (IG, Snapchat, Facebook etc.) and how to best leverage them to promote the brand on a regular basis
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to successfully spot trends in the marketplace
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy