Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Travel RN Acute Rehab 1332
San Antonio , TX 78201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Treva is a supplement staffing company that partners with local companies on temporary placements and/or direct hires. We have been dedicated to our community since 2009. Our culture is to ensure our candidates and clients feel welcome and comfortable with our services. We are here to find the right position for the right person.
Treva Corporation is currently seeking a full-time Acute RehabilitationRN for a hospital in San Antonio, Texas. Position is a 13 week contract with a high possibility of extension. Hours are Nights 6:45p-7:15a. NICOTINE FREE FACILITY- MUST PASS DRUG SCREEN FOR NICOTINE and ECSTACY. Premium pay!
The acute rehabilitation RN assists individuals with disability and/or chronic illness to attain and maintain maximum function. The rehabilitation staff nurse assists clients in adapting to an altered lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment for client's and their family's development. The nurse designs and implements treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health. The rehabilitation nurse works in inpatient and outpatient settings that can be found in a range of acute to sub-acute rehabilitation facilities. Candidate must have prior NIH Stroke Scale experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess persons requiring rehabilitative services including patients recovering from stroke, orthopedic knee and hip replacements and amputation, and persons suffering debilitation from medical and surgical conditions.
- Performs continued post-operative care for patients with orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures to include wound and drain management. Pain will be monitored through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concise documentation.
- Coordinates the multidisciplinary rehabilitative care of patients, and participates as a member of the rehabilitation interdisciplinary team. Contributes information specific to the patient s response to education, medication therapy, pain control, skin condition, bowel/bladder training, and discharge planning.
- Encourages and instructs patients to do as much for themselves as possible, within safe guidelines. Such as: Assisting patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL s), socializing with others, and getting out of bed for meals.
- Provides rehabilitation education for the orthopedic, spine, neuro, stroke, cardiac, and oncology patient on safe and effective use of medical equipment, proper body mechanics, mobility, transfer, ADL s, and home safety.
- Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult populations with specific rehabilitation needs.
- Serves as patient advocate collaborating with the Social Worker and Physicians for the rehabilitation patient s needs related to re-entry into the community.
- Is proficient with the FIM (Functional Independent Measures) scoring system for Acute Rehab.
- At least 2 years of Acute Rehab experience
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current TexasState Board of Nursing RN license required with no restrictions
- Current immunizations and/or screenings (MMR, DPT, Varicella, HEP B and TB) required
- Current BLS &ACLS
- Must be able to display a compassionate and team player attitude
All candidates MUST meet the qualifications listed above to be considered for the position.
What Treva Provides:
Email your updated resume today and start working with Treva where you are supporting a locally own Michigan business. We may be a small business, but we provide BIG results. Treva is not about the bottom dollar and just producing numbers. We care about building a relationship with our clients and job seekers. We offer competitive pay and dont create barriers when you want to hire on directly with the contracted company. Once you submit your resume you will be contacted by an experienced, local, and dedicated Recruiter. We guarantee you wont be disappointed!
Inspired People.Powerful Results!!!