Travel Medical Technologist/ Hematology Ht7306/7307/7309
Detroit , MI 48201
Posted 1 week ago
Treva is a supplement staffing company that partners with local companies on temporary placements and/or direct hires. We have been dedicated to our community since 2009. Our culture is to ensure our candidates and clients feel welcome and comfortable with our services. We are here to find the right position for the right person.
Treva Corporation is currently seeking a Medical Technologist (Hematology) for a hospital in Detroit, Michigan. Position is working 3pm -11:30p. Equipment used: Care stream, Quantum, GE and Siemens.Looking for candidates for a 13 week contract. High possibility of extension.Great pay!
Job Duties: Performs a variety of blood tests, studies morphology of blood constituents and performs various
coagulation tests to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Conducts technical procedures related to the
counting and identification of blood cells and other specialized hematologic tests. Verifies accuracy of findings,
identifies test inconsistencies, and takes appropriate action to make corrections and resolve problems. Operates,
cleans, and maintains laboratory equipment used in blood analysis and procedures. May perform urinalysis studies.
Requires a bachelor's degree . Typically reports to a manager or supervisor. Typically requires an American Society
of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification or its equivalent. May require a state license to practice. Years of experience
may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position's specialty is the main requirement.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Completion of accredited Bachelor's Degree program in medical technology, medical laboratory sciences, or clinical laboratory sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or Biology may be considered if completed coursework aligns with the duties of the specific Medical Technologist position.
- Coursework completed outside of the US must be verified by a NACES approved credential evaluation service.
- Requires six months experience in a medical laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and theoretical knowledge sufficient to perform laboratory functions are required.
- Certification at the technologist level from a nationally recognized agency, such as ASCP, NCA, ASM, AABB, ACS, or HEW is preferred.
What Treva Provides:
Email yourupdated resumetoday and start working with Treva where you are supporting a locally own Michigan business. We may be a small business, but we provide BIG results. Treva is not about the bottom dollar and just producing numbers. We care about building a relationship with our clients and job seekers. We offer competitive pay and dont create barriers when you want to hire on directly with the contracted company. Once you submit your resume you will be contacted by an experienced, local, and dedicated Recruiter. We guarantee you wont be disappointed!
Inspired People.Powerful Results!!!